Primary Health Care Lead
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Maseru
- Grade: Senior level - Senior - Internationally recruited position
- Public Health and Health Service
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-12-31
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Primary Health Care Advisor for a potential 5-year Health Systems Strengthening Program in Lesotho. This MCC funded program will achieve improved health outcomes by strengthening primary health care systems, through through improved quality of PHC services, including GBV-related prevention and response; building the capacity of DHMT staff effectively manage PHC finances, planning, and human resources; and assisting the DHMT staff to use data to make decisions in the management of the health care system
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health nonprofit that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from the Ministry to the community, to strengthen and complement existing health systems. Since 1971, MSH has worked in more than 150 countries to help ensure sustainable, resilient, and equitable access to quality health care around the globe.
The PHC Advisor will work with Ministry of Health and District Health Management Teams (DHMT), to improve their capacity to develop and deliver primary health care services (including GBV prevention and response).
- Developing and activating Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG) and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for essential services, supportive supervision and mentoring, rationalization of the triage and referral processes at all levels,
- Developing PHC capacity to included GBV clinical treatment and response protocols in line with the requirements of the Domestic Violence Bill envisaged to be passed in June 2022.
- Improving accountability for both MOH and DHMT’s in the delivery of primary healthcare services through all ten health districts.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in designing and implementing primary health care interventions in developing or middle-income countries.
- An undergraduate degree / qualification in nursing coupled with post-graduate studies in public health or a related field will be preferred.
- Proven ability to achieve results relating to availability, access, and quality of primary health care services as well as behavior change communication approaches to increase the adoption of health behaviors in challenging work environments.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills, with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts in both the public and NGO sectors.
- Prior experience in capacity building of public (health) counterparts is strongly preferred.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- Preference will be given to Lesotho or regional nationals.
Should you be interested in applying for this opportunity please follow the link on our MSH home page.