Ref. Number: 22168
Department: Graduate Program, Risk Management Stream
Job Type: Global Recruitment
Posting Date: 16 December 2022
Closing Date: 5 February 2023
AIIB Graduate Program Virtual Event on 20 January 2023 (Friday)
Registration: (through Impactpool, to be opened within December)
About the virtual event: The event offers an online space for young professionals to engage directly with AIIB HR representatives and 2022 Graduate Program Analysts, ask questions and learn more information about the Graduate program and other early career opportunities at the Bank. AIIB will be hosting a Breakout room including a live video. The online event will be hosted over two sessions to accommodate participants from different time zones.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
This position will be under the Risk Management Stream. The Analysts will rotate within the Risk Management Department and client departments to gain in-depth experience in monitoring and analyzing developments that affect current and future potential risk.
About the role:
The AIIB Risk Management Department aims to enable the Bank to fulfill its mandate to promote infrastructure and other productive sectors; ensure the stability and financial continuity of the Bank through efficient capital allocation and utilization, and comprehensively manage risks and reputational consequences; and foster strong risk culture by embedding risk accountability in the Bank.
The Quantitative Risk Analyst (Graduate Program) will rotate in both Risk Management Department and the Treasury Department throughout the two-year program.
The analyst will support analysing and monitoring risk of AIIB’s balance sheet in accordance with the Bank’s risk management policy and appetite. He/she will conduct comprehensive data analysis, risk quantification and reporting, and risk monitoring and driver analysis. The analyst shall collaborate with multiple internal departments to ensure high-quality data and consistent rules/logics are used in risk reporting and metrics calculation. He/she shall also effectively support the continuous development of the department’s risk management platform and risk dashboards, as well as the enhancement of the Bank’s risk limit management.
During their rotational assignment to the Risk Management Department, the Risk Analyst (Graduate Program) will:
- Prepare daily/monthly risk reporting, with a strong focus on data preparation including data quality check, data validation among different sources, data supplement and correction, etc.
- Analyse root cause of data quality issues / data discrepancies for risk data mart (RMD) and risk management platform (RMP).
- Perform periodic review and update of reference & meta data for various modelling purpose within RDM and RMP.
- Support risk driver analysis of daily risk quantification.
- Support logic / methodology updates of RMD internal developed dashboards / reports.
- Communicate business requirements to RDM development team on new feature / small scale development.
- Gather and analyse data to support ad-hoc risk analytics.
- Manage the backlog and priority springboard for Risk Quant Team.
- Assist with user training and user documentation for RDM and RMP functionalities.
- Document business processes / risk calculation processes implemented within RDM and RMP.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Through their rotational assignment to the Treasury Department, they will:
- Gain deeper understanding of the Treasury Department’s processes and data;
- Support reporting on performance and risk of investment portfolios and propose reporting and data management enhancements;
- Perform analytical work to support the decision-making process in the investment area;
- Support analytical and financial modelling work needed for portfolio management;
- Conduct industry and market research;
- Support in the supervision of externally managed portfolios;
- In collaboration with other Treasury units, review, analyze and store important news wires, papers and articles relevant to the management of portfolios in the international fixed income markets;
- Liaise with relevant colleagues to contribute to smooth operations conducted in the investment area.
- Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, operations research, finance, economics, computer science, or other related fields;
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience, preferably in credit, market risk, and/or portfolio risk management experience in financial institutions;
- In-depth knowledge of data analysis, financial market theories and products; understanding of financial markets and credit and market risk metrics; knowledge of financial models (such as PD/LGD/EAD, credit scorecard, economic capital, interest rate models, etc.);
- Ability to report and interrogate systems to produce analysis and resolve discrepancies/queries;
- Analytical and technical/statistical skills with proven ability to process large datasets into meaningful information;
- Strong critical thinking skills. Demonstrable ability to pay strong attention to detail is essential;
- Good team player with high level of integrity;
- SQL, Excel VBA, Python, or R programming skills;
- Familiar with visualization techniques such as Power BI / Tableau / Google Data Studio / Python Matplotlib, etc.;
- Proficient in oral and written communication skills in English.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: