Chief of Party (COP)- USAID/GBV Proposal
EnCompass LLC is seeking a Chief of Party (COP, Guatemala) candidate for an upcoming five-year activity for the USAID-Guatemala GBV Prevention and Response Project focused on reducing the negative social and economic impacts of Gender Based Violence (GBV) in targeted areas of Guatemala. The proposed Guatemala GBV Prevention and Response Project aims to support women, children, adolescents, and other vulnerable groups impacted by GBV and intrafamily violence in targeted communities with high rates of violence and out-migration to the United States.
The Chief of Party (COP) will serve as the primary point of contact for USAID and as the principal liaison with USAID staff, institutions, and client country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships. The COP will provide technical leadership for and supervision of consultants and staff engaged in this activity; be responsible for risk management, ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables; and, prepare work plans, financial, logistical, and other documents.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the main point of contact for the activity, providing vision, direction, leadership, and management for the contract
- Provide technical, operational, and managerial oversight to all aspects of the Activity to ensure all activities and deliverables are executed with quality and timeliness
- Establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with the USAID Mission in Guatemala, USAID/Washington, and the Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean as required, along with relevant in-country stakeholders; serve as the primary point of contact for USAID and as the principal liaison with USAID staff, institutions, and country/regional partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Create a collaborative, high participatory work environment that allows staff and activities to adhere to risk-management systems and respond quickly to complex, high-risk changing environments.
- Manage the team throughout the country, ensure technical capacity of staff; provide technical assistance and backstopping when required
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with EnCompass’ standard operating procedures, USAID policies and regulations, and national policies and laws
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of findings, impact, innovations, and lessons learned
- Ensure optimal use of human, financial, and physical resources to successfully meet project milestones, objectives, deliverables, and targets
- Responsible for the overall technical direction of the activity, ensuring compliance with risk management systems, quality and timeliness of all deliverables
- Responsible for liaising with the private sector and government institutions at the local and national level, working closely with local and international partners
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening in support of a country’s journey to self-reliance, as defined by USAID
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative and risk-management support to other team members as needed
- Responsible for ensuring protocols and mechanisms are in place staff safety while conducting program activities and overseeing privacy and confidentiality protocols for program implementation
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a graduate degree (Master’s or higher what about postgraduate?) in political science, gender, international development, or a related field
- Previous Chief of Party/ Deputy Chief of Party experience in USAID programs, in complex/high-risk environment strongly required..
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in leadership positions involving direction over relevant gender, governance, or economic growth strengthening activities either inside or outside the U.S
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in particularly GBV gender-based violence, conflict resolution, protection, women’s empowerment, and implementing cross-cutting programs.
- Experience managing large (approximately $30M or more), complex, high-risk programs, with a grants under contract component
- Experience leading programming in complex and high-risk environments ( at least 5 years in a developing country context, with conflict areas preferred)
- Experience working in LAC region, Guatemala preferably (local and regional candidates will be prioritized)
- An understanding of USAID gender and GBV programming, particularly in the LAC region
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish (written and verbal): Ability to communicate diplomatically and clearly
- Direct experience in designing, managing and implementation of cross-cutting programs related to gender, GBV, and development or related areas
- Direct experience designing, managing and implementing programs related to gender equity and GBV issues across multiple international development sectors, such as agriculture, food security, health, education, economic growth, civic participation, rule of law, global climate change and natural resources management. I
- Familiarity with key topics in women’s economic empowerment, including the application of Women's Entrepreneurship and Economic Empowerment (WEEE) Act and opportunities under the Women's Global Development and Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP).
- Experience providing guidance to USAID on managing complex programming and environments preferred
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
If you require accommodations in line with the Americans with Disabilities Act to complete your application, please call 301-287-8700, provide your contact information and a description of your accessibility issue. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case-basis, and we will call you back within approximately 3 business days.
How to apply
Please, click the link below and complete the application, please, make sure you write your contact information and your full address, including country, submit CV and cover letter.
NOTE: This is a proposal position and is contingent upon award.
Por favor, haga click al link y siga las instrucciones: es importante poner su direccion y pais en la aplicacion
Nota: Este puesto es para una licitación y depende de la adjudicación.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: