Emergency Programming Coordinator
- Organization: IsraAID
- Location: Tel Aviv
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Medical Practitioners
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2024-01-01
The Emergency programming coordinator position provides hands-on experience and expertise in developing innovative and professional humanitarian responses in natural and man-made emergencies. The Emergency programming coordinator role combines coordination and field experience, 50% of the work will be a roving position. Aiming towards continuous development and improvement, the Emergency programming coordinator will have a key role in facilitating the development at all levels.
Key responsibilities: 50% roving, 50% supporting program department
- Coordinate Emergency Programs globally
- Support the liaising and the coordination with other HQ departments and the execution of emergency missions in accordance with IsraAID global strategy, mandate, and directive provided by the Director of emergency programming and Operations
- Proactively support strengthening the professional capacity of the emergency programs per sector through the development of the body of knowledge, SoPs, and training modules alongside the sectoral coordinators as appropriate.
- Assist in strengthening emergency programming mechanisms and ensuring constant improvement of emergency programming implementation and methodologies (MEAL procedures) through evidence based approach, including protocols for programmatic, technical and operational aspects of the emergency mission’s cycle (preparedness pre, during and post mission requirements)
- Support facilitation of pre-mission activities in HQ mission deployments in accordance with workflow and minimal requirements
- Help to coordinate and facilitate the development of programmatic tools and protocols in emergency settings supporting program design implementation, evaluation, and reporting mechanisms in emergency setting
- Develop emergency response content including management tools, monitoring tools,…:
- Coordinate and facilitate the development of strategy, guidelines and toolkits for emergency missions per sector
- Compile written protocols for emergency programming, including workflows and checklists and orientation packages.
- Continuously develop and oversee the maintenance of emergency storage and pre-positioned inventory, including managing and overseeing its budget implementation.
- Develop mission assessment tool, enabling the quantitative and qualitative analysis of the emergency mission during time.
- Support the execution of emergency responses and deploy to emergency missions:
- launching new missions up to 1 month (setups, assessments and etc. )
- Is in charge of recruiting HoM in the recovery stage and acts as interim HoM until the recruitment and handover are completed (if need be): support roving HoM during R&R and support for handover
- Oversees the emergency operations at the recovery stage including the supporting the programs at the recovery stage.
- Supports the Director of EmOp in overseeing Emergency missions until operation is closed or transferred to the resilient development unit (ongoing countries)
- Supports seamless transition between mission management to long term missions, assists in overseeing the country set up process within the emergency programming mandate
- Have a thorough understanding of IsraAID's mission statement, organizational identity, and theory of change.
- Raise the profile of IsraAID, work, and country missions through active participation in Interaction forums and external events when possible.
- Serve as an advocate for the country's missions and the organization
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- At least 5 years of experience in program management in the humanitarian setting
- Proven experience leading multi-sectoral emergency missions in a humanitarian
- Ability to travel for up to 60% of the time.
- Proven experience in securing funding of over 200,000 USD- advantage
- Ability to work under pressure in rapidly changing environments
- At least 3 years of management experience in small-medium size teams.
- MA in emergency management, Community development, humanitarian law, or
- related academic fields.
1. Full time position.
2. Office working days Sunday- Thursday.
3. Commitment to align with Israel working hours as required, and no less than 5 hours daily.
4. At least 3 working days per week from IsraAID office.
5. If home based- willingness to travel at least 3 times per year to the HQ.
6. Minimum 2 deployments during the year of up to 3 weeks.