Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency - has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health - Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection - Food Security and Livelihoods - Water, Sanitation and Hygiene - Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
After nine years of conflict, the situation in Libya remains critical. Overall, 1.3 million people are currently in need of humanitarian assistance. Since April 2019, the conflicts related to the capture of the capital Tripoli by the Libyan National Army during almost a year and a half, have contributed to the deaths of civilians and damage to civil infrastructure (health facilities, schools and water infrastructures). Furthermore, the COVID-19 outbreak also overwhelmed the already weakened health system and conducted to doubling the number of people with most severe needs of health assistance in 2020 (up to 1,2 million).
Action against Hunger has been operating in Libya since 2020 and is present in Tripoli (West) and Sabha (South-West). AAH focuses its intervention mainly on Health, Mental health, Care Practices, Gender and Protection, Water Sanitation and Hygiene and Food Security & Livelihoods
The mission currently employs 3 international and 20 national staff.
As Country Representative in Libya, you will have to develop and diversify programmes in Libya, further structure the Country team. You work with the support of a Regional team based at HQ (Paris). You directly manage 6 persons.
More specifically, you :
- Develop and enhance relationships between the mission and donors' representatives, civil society, private sector, government agencies and other organizations, acknowledging diversity as an asset of the humanitarian community, so that ACF can maximize its impact.
- Refine and lead the implementation of the Country Strategy.
- Oversee mission's programming to ensure the effective and efficient design, implementation and evaluation of ACF's programs and projects.
- Oversee the management and development of mission's human resources and create a shared vision, among all staff, of ACF's values and program's aims and their role in achieving these.
- Are responsible for the security management of staff, operations, assets and direct country-specific response to security threats and incidents, up to and including management of evacuation.
You hold a Master degree in international relations, humanitarian and development studies, or similar field. You have an experience in middle-income country needed.
You show at least 5 years of experience in both humanitarian and development programming.
You demonstrate solid skills in communication and representation (both for external networking / lobbying & internal management). You have a strong leadership and sense of initiative, you are autonomous in decision making and able to work under pressure. You easily communicate in English, Arabic is a plus.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
- 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 2700 to 3000EUR upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: 497EUR net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
- Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: