General coordinator (head of mission) (F/M) - Pakistan
- Organization: MDM - Médecins du Monde
- Location: Islamabad
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Pakistan since 1996. The organization currently implements two main projects:
- A post-emergency program focusing on access to health care for the populations afflicted by the conflict in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
- The Operation Smile which provides reconstructive surgery services to the acid burn survivors twice a year through a partner hospital in Islamabad
In 2023, MdM is planning to open two projects on the flood response and gender-based violence.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the desk manager, you supervise the implementation of the MdM strategy and operations in Pakistan. You are also responsible for external representation with other NGOs, donors and governmental bodies, fundraising and budget management, security management and direct management of country and field coordinators.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Define the recruitment strategy for coordinators positions
- Directly supervise the country coordinators and the field coordinators (participation in the recruitment, onboarding, evaluation, definition of objectives)
- Advise, together with the administrative coordinator, adjustments whenever necessary to the common definition of living rules and conditions of employment, applicable in all MdM Pakistan offices
Strategy definition, planning and implementation of activities
- Develop the country and projects strategies together with coordinators, managers and HQ teams
- Monitor emergencies in the country and conduct rapid assessments
- Assess the functioning of the programs with relevant coordinators, field managers and the desk manager
- Design MdM annual and revised budgets with the administrative coordinator
- Ensure MdM and donor financial and administrative compliance in the budgetary follow-up
Safety and security management
- Ensure the security management at country level
- Ensure implementation of security and safety rules and their application by all teams in the mission
- Regularly review the analysis of the context and of security and safety conditions
- Maintain a network that ensures a neutral view on security and context analysis
- Ensure security incidents are reported to the HQ in a timely manner
Fundraising and representation
- Supervise the funding research at country level
- Ensure submission of appropriate, timely high quality proposals and lead required donor negotiations in the country
- Represent MdM to national authorities, NGOs and donor agencies
- Negotiate agreements, MoUs and NoCs with local authorities
- Attend NGO coordination meeting (PHF) and engage actively with current and potential donors
Communication and reporting
- Supervise the submission of activities reports to the HQ
- Supervise the organisation of visits to the field for representatives of HQ
- Ensure smooth communication flows between HQ and the Pakistan mission
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Position based in Islamabad with regular field visits
Gross monthly salary: 3 175 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
Tuition/Schooling allowance (from 3 years old)
Living allowance (per diem) for the accompanying member if unemployed and half per diem per child
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
Family posting possible
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Master’s level in international development, management or public health
Strong INGO experience as head of mission/country representative
Strong experience in representation
Experience in security management in unsafe environments
Experience in health sector is an asset
Languages: English (written and spoken) is mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JWucvQie?idpartenaire=128
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: