Supply Chain Officer
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Chernihiv
- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: Closed
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC Ukraine is looking for highly qualified Supply Chain Officer to be based in our offices in Chernihiv.
Overall purpose of the role
Responsible for procurement of goods and services as per the assigned tasks, logistics functions at Chernihiv Base level (storage, warehousing, transportation, etc.), representation of DRC in the government bodies, and general logistics support to the program
The roles have to ensure compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the organization. The roles contribute to the development of DRC strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The roles provide support and/or technical guidance to the operation
Geographic scope: Chernihiv
This role has a base focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines at the base level. The role covers most of the routine procurement, asset keeping and warehousing operations.
This role reports to Support Services Team Leader
- Following humanitarian principles, donors’ and DRC regulations, and legislation for the benefit of beneficiaries
- Optimization of all logistics operations to increase cost-effectiveness, including setting up longer-term supply contracts
- Coordination of program staff to ensure Supply Chain involvement in the whole program cycle
- Representation of DRC for other organizations and bodies
- Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and capacity building of the Supply Chain team
- Perform procurement processes according to the distributed Purchase Requisitions or actual needs
- Keep the trackers and records accurate and timely (not later than five business days) updated
- Ensure that procurement documents were duly composed, signed, scanned, and uploaded to the cloud storage; hard copies were archived
- Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
- Ensure that all payments due are made in time
- Run operations with Dynamics ERP system
Fixed asset management
- Receive assets from the suppliers, check them, loan to employees, arrange storage and proper scrapping
- Maintain Fixed asset list and all fixed asset records in Dynamics duly updated at all times
- Minimum once per half a year, run a physical check of assets
- Ensure that all assets are properly tagged
- Arrange warehousing support of the projects according to DRC regulations
- Participate in fleet support of the projects and DRC operation
- Participate in hiring drivers and renting vehicles
- Checking vehicle log sheets and monthly reports
- Preparation of reports and document sets for audits
- Development of manuals for program staff on certain supply chain processes
- Capacity building of partner organizations and supervision of their supply chain activities
- Cooperation and coordination with the finance unit
Required experience and competencies
- Minimum 2 years of experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing, and stock management
- Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced English proficiency preferred
- Fluency in local language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Relevant university degree in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management or equivalent professional qualification
- Contract length: 6 months renewable depending on performance and funding.
- Designation of Duty Stations: Chernihiv
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff
- Medical and Health Insurance
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: February 10, 2023
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: