Analyst (Surveillance and Diagnostics)
Analyst (Surveillance and Diagnostics)
- Full Time
- Program (Division)
- Country Programs - India
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion, and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
CHAI, in partnership with its India affiliate William J Clinton Foundation (WJCF), works in close partnership with and under the guidance of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) at the Central and States' levels on an array of high priority initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes. Currently, CHAI supports government partners across projects to expand access to quality care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, tuberculosis, COVID-19, common cancers, sexual and reproductive health, immunization and essential medicines.
Talent is the fundamental driver of WJCF’s success in helping save lives and reduce the burden of disease. WJCF’s organizational values reflect its relentless endeavour of hiring, nurturing, empowering, and celebrating diverse and high calibre individuals who come together to work as cohesive teams. WJCF places a high premium on providing its staff with an enabling environment that encourages entrepreneurship, humility, respect, equal share of voice and fosters high impact innovation to address some of the most challenging healthcare issues.
In Madhya Pradesh, WJCF works on several priority areas including Infectious disease surveillance and diagnostics, Oxygen Access, Cancer, and Sexual and Reproductive Health.
Since the pandemic, WJCF has been supporting the Government of Madhya Pradesh in strengthening infectious disease surveillance and diagnostics for early detection and response to future pandemics. In the process, CHAI is working closely with the state’s Department of Health & Family Welfare (DoHFW) to streamline the end-to-end process from data collection and analytics, to response, including augmentation of diagnostic linkages.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent analytical ability and strong communication skills for the role of Analyst (Surveillance and Diagnostics). The Analyst will work closely with the state and national teams and will be expected to develop and manage strong relationships with the Department of Health & Family Welfare (DoHFW) to support program conceptualisation and implementation initiatives. The ideal candidate must have strong quantitative and analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, be self-directed, adapt to the program’s differing needs, and be committed to excellence. The candidate must be able to function independently and flexibly. We place great value on qualities such as resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Support DoHFW in all aspects of strategy, planning, and implementation of initiatives for infectious disease surveillance and diagnostics
- Translate objectives provided by the national and state departments, donors, and other partner organizations into clear activity plans, and support DoHFW in prioritizing initiatives.
- Closely support DoHFW officials to identify process gaps and engage with divisional and district-level health staff for accomplishment of project goals.
- Support WJCF's strategy for increased access to healthcare by identifying areas with significant beneficiary and policy impact.
- Reconcile parallel data sources to facilitate monitoring, synthesis, and analysis of data to draw meaningful insights.
- Oversee analytics, data-systems, and insight generation.
- Manage and establish collaborative relationships with the DoHFW, technical and clinical experts, development partners, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure communication and alignment of activities across government and partner stakeholders' efforts and across other WJCF programs to ensure coordination and successful execution.
- Draft compelling presentations and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support capacity building of key government functionaries on relevant competencies for sustained ownership and delivery.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by programme leadership.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in management, economics, public health, engineering, computer science, statistics, operations research, or allied areas
- 2-4+ years of experience in private or public sector enterprise, consulting or public health
- Excellent quantitative, problem-solving, analytical, and statistical analysis skills
- Excellent knowledge of program implementation, training, monitoring, and evaluation methods (qualitative and quantitative), including experience in developing trainings and monitoring, and evaluation plans, tools, training materials, reports, and summary forms
- Ability to develop new and manage existing relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience structuring and leading evidence-based decision-making processes
- Excellent structured oral and written communication ability
- Exposure to data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc. will be an added advantage
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Willingness to travel if required and at short notice, even to remote places
- Fluency in English and Hindi