- Organization: UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- Location: Trieste
- Grade: Administrative support - GS-4, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: Closed
Post Number : 1ITSCPA 111TP
Grade : G-4
Parent Sector : Natural Sciences Sector (SC)
Duty Station: Trieste
Job Family: Computer Sciences / Information Technologies
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 27-FEB-2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Duration of contract: 1 year with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Only candidates who are entitled to work in the E.U. may apply to this positionOVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Founded in 1964 by the late Nobel Laureate Abdus Salam and located in Trieste (Italy), the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) seeks to accomplish its mandate by providing scientists from developing countries with the continuing education and skills that they need to enjoy long and productive careers. ICTP has been a major force in stemming the scientific brain drain from the developing world. For more than 50 years, ICTP has been a driving force behind global efforts to advance scientific expertise in the developing world.Long Description
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), the incumbent is responsible for solving technical problems interrelated with IT disciplines while liaising with colleagues within ICTS, and for carrying out a wide range of maintenance tasks within Apple’s Operating Systems.
Essential responsibilities include:
• Provide 1st line user support and provide basic training to users related to Apple hardware and software which runs on the Apple platform
• Solve technical issues
• Install ICTP standard software and other specific software on Apple computers
• Perform system upgrades related to the Apple platform
• Collaborate with colleagues on connectivity matters related to Apple system
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational school.
- At least three (3) years of relevant working experience in administrative/technical/IT support services.
- Experience in providing software assistance to Apple computers
- Experience in user support services
- Good knowledge of standard computer hardware and software applications
- Good knowledge of MAC OS and most widely used software applications of the Apple platform
- Ability to work harmoniously with staff members of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Good knowledge of English (Written and spoken)
- Certification or training in one of the following areas: Information Technology, Electronics or Computer Science
- Experience in an international environment (i.e. United Nations (UN) system).
- Working knowledge of Italian (written and spoken)
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: