HR Online Centre Assistant
- Organization: OECD - Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Location: Paris
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: Closed
THE OECD – Who we are, what we do
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 38 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORATE (EXD)
The Executive Directorate (EXD) is the steward of OECD resources, on behalf of the Secretary-General. Our focus is on people and their wellbeing; the effective and efficient management of the budget; the safety and security of staff, Delegations, visitors, and of the OECD’s data; maintaining and sustaining physical and digital infrastructure; and enabling the convening power of the OECD through conferences, meetings and events, whether virtual, physical or hybrid. As well as providing corporate services, functions and management support to our staff and Members, we provide integrated, strategic and expert advice on corporate policies and management issues to the Secretary-General, to Council and to Standing Committees, to which we regularly report on corporate matters. We also provide compliance and risk management functions (for management areas under our purview). Ours is a fast-paced environment focused on delivering management excellence across all of our functions.
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT SERVICE (EXD/HRM)
Within the OECD’s Executive Directorate (EXD), the Human Resource Management Service (HRM) is responsible for providing stewardship of the Organisation’s human capital on behalf of the Secretary-General. Overseeing three divisions (HR Operations, the Client Services Group and the Talent Management and Analytics Group), EXD/HRM’s Head Office provides strategic HR direction, leadership in corporate and legal matters and oversight and co-ordination for the Organisation at large. The HR Operations Group, one of EXD/HRM’s three business units, provides centralized operational services, including the HR Online Centre.
The HR Online Centre, within HR Operations, provides information management for EXD/HRM, including digital project management, document database management, operational management of staff files, staff communications and updates of Intranet and Internet content.
EXD/HRM’s HR Operations Division is looking for an Assistant who will report to the HR Online Centre Manager, and contribute to information management and communication initiatives.
Electronic management of personnel files
- Ensure the Organization’s staff files are up-to-date and complete.
- Prepare and coordinate file transfers for archiving and perform relevant checks to ensure reliability .
- Research current or archived records in consultation with OECD Library and Archives.
- Support users in their research on electronic records management systems/tools and participate in ad hoc historical or cross-sectional research.
- Manage the backlog ensuring adequate prioritization.
Communication and web content management
- Co-ordinate the preparation of content to be published ensuring quality and timely delivery.
- In collaboration with EXD/HRM teams, help create new, relevant content for the Intranet and update existing content.
- Participate in the update of the HRM web pages.
- Collaborate in the standardization and automation of document typologies.
- Contribute to updating user documentation.
- Feed into the historical HR document reference database.
- Update and standardize all HR documentary databases.
- Provide the necessary support for archiving all HR data.
- Improve indexing automation, analysing the needs and participating in testing.
- Control data imports to ensure data integrity and completeness.
- Contribute to the management of the HR chatbot.
- Collaborate on digital projects aimed at improving the efficiency and security of internal processes.
- Maintain the HR Centre online in the absence of other team members.
- Participate as required in other tasks of the Centre.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Post-secondary qualification in the field of information management, communications, web content, digitization or related field.
- Relevant administrative experience, preferably in an international environment.
- Commitment to achieve results in a timely way and to high standards. Capacity and willingness to learn and share knowledge and assume additional work assignments.
- Knowledge of the Organisation's staff rules, regulations and administrative procedures would be an advantage.
- A practical understanding of the Organisation's systems (SAP, Opentext, ONE secretariat, T4) would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in working with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent IT skills, interest in, and ability to adapt to, new technologies.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and a knowledge of, or a willingness to learn, the other.
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important\: Achievement focus, Analytical thinking, Drafting skills, Flexible thinking, Teamwork, Client focus, Diplomatic sensitivity, Organisational knowledge, Organisational alignment, Strategic networking, Strategic thinking.
- Please refer to the level 1 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two-year fixed term appointment, with the possibility of renewal.
- Depending on level of experience, monthly salary starts at 3.873,50 Euros, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
- Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
- Click here to learn more about what we offer and why the OECD is a great place to work.
- Click here to browse our People Management Guidebook and learn more about all aspects relating to people at the OECD, our workplace environment and many other policies supporting staff in their daily life.
Please note that our Rules and Regulations stipulate that the mandatory retirement age is 65.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates [who are nationals of OECD member countries, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.
The OECD promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: