Employee Engagement & Communications Specialist HR Digital Transformation - Consultant
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Rome
- Grade: Consultancy - International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Human Resources
- Communication and Public Information
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: Closed
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in one Communications and/or Human Resources Management
Minimum 5 years in strategic communication and staff engagement
The office of the Human Resources Management (HRM) Programme Director is responsible for driving the HRM strategic priority of advancing people management technology and analytics, and ultimately that of excellence in people management through simplification and automation of HR processes, access to business-ready data and analytics for better decisions and unparalleled user experience.
The office’s scope of work currently includes the implementation of the Workday Human Capital Management platform, People Analytics Capability Development, and other relevant projects.
The Employee Engagement & Communications Specialist will play a critical role in enabling WFP’s HRM transformation and supporting the successful implementation of all its key initiatives in the area of technology and workforce analytics. This role will be responsible for driving employment engagements for relevant projects through the design, development and execution of targeted change management and communication interventions.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Head of PMO and HRM Programme Director, the Consultant will be working on the following activities:
- Design, maintain and update an appropriate communications and employee engagement strategy for the relevant projects
- Create and execute successful communications programs that strengthen leaders, managers and employees’ understanding of HR digital transformation projects, such as the Human Capital Management Platform, as well as to enable the HR digital transformation journey.
- Provide guidance on ways to promote collaboration and social networking tools, help the office of HRM Programme Director to leverage digital and multi-channel approaches to employee communications using technology to reach a diverse and global employee audience.
- Work with key stakeholders – with an emphasis on field staff - to effectively land the new HR programs being planned, to ensure leaders and managers own employee engagement, and linkage between employee engagement and business performance are clearly understood.
- Coordinate with key leaders in HR in HQ division as well as field offices to ensure streamlined communication internally and externally
- Ensure close collaboration with counterparts in Internal Communications Division as well as HRM Communications team to align HR activities and ensure a coherent approach to communications within WFP.
Key accountabilities continued
- Generate and/or facilitate the production of content including, text, photos, videos and audio for use across a range of integrated online platforms, in order to support HR digital transformation initiatives, ensuring consistency and effectiveness with messaging.
- Prepare communications products that effectively convey the desired message to targeted audience(s).
- Support building of communications acumen of HRMOI staff - with a special emphasis on the field - on all aspects of business partner relationship communication, providing advice, guidance and training to ensure consistent, quality communications activities that deliver the desired impact.
- Coordinate and prepare accurate and timely reporting on HR digital transformation communications activities
- Track and analyze communications, to identify trends and/or issues, and propose solutions and ideas to improve the effectiveness of communication strategy and activities.
- Oversee all website communications of HR digital transformation related initiatives
- Support preparation of management decision making documents for HR Directors and other senior key stakeholders and support in design/facilitation of meetings and workshops
- Support with the visual design of key documents for the projects
- Other duties as necessary in the office of the HRM Programme Director
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- Development of communications and employee engagement strategy for the projects within the HRM Programme Director office’s scope.
Successful implementation of communications programs that strengthen leaders, managers and employees’ understanding of WFP’s HR digital transformation projects
- Including the production of content including, text, photos, videos and audio for use across a range of integrated online platforms
Fluency in oral and written English and ideally with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience with current web practices, supporting technologies, new media (including social media) to address internal communications challenges.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent graphic design skills and extensive experience from graphic design software
- A successful track record of implementing change efforts in a global organization with widely decentralized workforce.
- Familiarity with the Workday Human Capital Management System is an advantage but not necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills to collaborate and influence internally with various stakeholders and subject matter experts. Ability to interact effectively with stakeholders across business functions, levels and geographical areas.
- Strong problems solving skills; ability to work with ambiguity and build consensus across diverse and global teams.
- Ability to learn quickly, be resourceful, solutions-oriented and work under minimal guidance
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan, anticipate obstacles and an ability to juggle priorities successfully, and to work on tight deadlines
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
17 Feb 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: