Senior ICT Specialist (Security and Infrastructure)
- Organization: Medair
- Location: Is
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Infrastructure and Urban-Rural development
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Security and Safety
- Closing Date:
LocationThis is a Global Support Office position, with up to 12 weeks travel to Medair country programs in a year. The role is open for applicants based in Kenya, Lebanon or Switzerland – a valid work permit is required for these locations.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
This is a key role in the ICT Team holding two key skills sets in ICT Infrastructure and in Cyber Security. The role will help drive Medair into the 21st century, and will design and build a strong ICT foundation based on Azure AD. Medair works in many countries where internet connectivity is not at ideal levels. This role will co-ordinate with IT focal points in our country programs to bring internet connectivity up to optimum levels in order to leverage our cloud server strategy. The role will also hold a strong understanding of Cyber Security principals, will monitor security systems, analyse data/logs and detect security incidents. Further, the role will investigate new technologies and processes to enhance Medair’s cyber security capabilities and implement these improvements.
Global ITS provides Medair with centralised governance, strategy, direction, innovation and support in the use of the information technologies that amplify our people to people strategy. We provide a centralised approach to ensure cost efficiency and integration, including our country programs in the strategic design of our systems, and we deliver services locally where practical to ensure that we meet the day-to-day needs of our GSO and country program colleagues. The Security and Infrastructure team sets the strategic direction for how Medair’s roadmap of security and infrastructure across our country programs, and implements and supports the technologies required to ensure our people to people approach.
Key Activity Areas
Network and Infrastructure
- In collaboration with the ICT Team Leader, provides strategic direction for Medair’s infrastructure roadmap and ensures that future implementations are fit for purpose. Provides technical expertise for Cloud Services, Azure, Azure AD, Intune, Meraki Routers and internet connectivity across all country programs, including on-site consultations within country programs.
- Delivers technical solutions by; feasibility study, testing, validation and implementation of new solutions, coordination and supervision of 3rd party vendors, assessment and implementation of backup and monitoring solutions ensuring full visibility and recovery of ICT infrastructure, documents solutions and store documentation in shared folders.
- Applies system security engineering principles to deliver real solutions to enhance the protection of data, systems, and networks. Designs and implements Risk Management Framework (RMF)-based policies and procedures, and develop comprehensive cyber security processes.
- Updates, sustains and administers a high level of security for in-house security infrastructure.
- Partakes in change processes; reviews technical designs, system integrations, develop test-cases, and documents this work. Designs network security architecture and develops detailed cyber security designs.
- Works with Medair Security Advisor on security related incidents, plans and systems.
- Develops cyber security awareness campaigns and develops, manages, and maintains training material.
Operations and End user support
- Provides daily operations of ICT security and infrastructure with 2nd level troubleshooting of cyber security and network problems. Ensures monitoring, backup and recovery process functionality.
- Provides 2nd level hardware and software support to Country Programs and GSO users.
- Helps research, recommend, implement and develop solutions supporting end-user requests
- Tests and identifies network and system vulnerabilities. Provides regular reporting to management.
- Ensures that the organization knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
- Prepares and provides internal training to the user of implemented solutions.
- Management and follow-up of 3rd party vendor questions concerning applications and hardware solutions.
- The holder of this position is required to have an overview of the performance of existing ICT systems and solution and propose changes to improve systems efficiency.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- IT Bachelor or Master in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- ICT Certifications (OS, Networking, Security) required.
- CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CASP, Microsoft Azure AD, AWS or MS Azure Solutions desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of English (speaking and writing). French desirable.
Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC)
What is the ROC and why is it required?
- 5-8 years of experience in ICT, experience with NGO desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the cyber security domain.
- TCP/IP networking, Routing/switching: design, configuration, installation and troubleshooting of routers, switches, e.g., Cisco/Meraki. Knowledge of protocols and services DNS, DHCP, VLAN, WAN, NAT, SNMP.
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics of software, hardware, and network problems.
- IT Security knowledge, Antispam Filters, Firewalls, DPI, Load balancers, Malware detection.
- IT security certifications as, e.g. CISM, CISSP, CEH, and knowledge of IS standards, e.g. ISO27001, ISO9001
- Understanding of cyber security concepts.
- Expert knowledge on Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, DNS, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols. Knowledge in network security design, network security architecture, network topology, and a strong understanding of TCP/IP protocols.
- Knowledge of best practices to investigate intrusions, preserve evidence and coordinate a unified security response.
- Windows Server 2008/2012 and Windows 7 and 10 installation and configuration.
- Windows Server Virtualization: virtual server management, e.g., Hyper-V.
- Microsoft Active Directory services, Azure AD. Cloud Servers.
Applications: Supporting MS Office 365, Teams, SharePoint.
IP Telephony: Administration of IP telephony systems.
- IT end-user support using ticketing systems as Helpdesk function. Software installation, updates on a regular basis.
- Supporting office equipment, e.g. printers, beamers, scanners. Vendor management
- Proven integrity and adherence to accountability structure.
- Self-propelled person that likes to work. Willingness to work for the mission of Medair.
- Challenging others and being challenged in return. Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and resilient team player with a positive attitude. Can-do attitude when tackling day-to-day tasks
All new deploying international staff to Medair’s country programmes (and other roles which require field travel) should be fully vaccinated with a WHO-approved COVID vaccine, supported with a COVID vaccination certificate as evidence.