Resource Mobilization Officer- Kenya
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
CIFOR-ICRAF is looking for a Resource Mobilization Officer- Kenya
Duties and responsibilities
- Research and identify online websites and other internet-based funding opportunities.
- Enter viable opportunities into CIFOR-ICRAF’s online system for approval, circulation and assisting with internal reviews as needed.
- Maintain records of identified opportunities and funder websites monitored for unit KPIs.
- Support proposal development activities, including providing background research into funders and their priority areas.
- Assisting with compiling supporting documents for proposals (CVs, due diligence assessments, support letters, institutional documents).
- Continuous identification of calls for proposals and processing of funding opportunities.
- Monitoring of approximately 200 websites on a weekly basis.
- First selection of opportunities using pre-defined selection criteria in line with organization guidelines and scope of work.
- Ensure that opportunities meet the needs and interests of CIFOR-ICRAF and its scientists before these are published internally.
- Support the solicited/competitive fundraising aspects of RM – including funding opportunities, and support for proposal development, writing past project references, compiling and providing institutional information, etc.
- A minimum undergraduate degree in international relations, economics, business administration, natural sciences, or another relevant subject. Master’s degree preferred.
- Two (2) years working experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite and thorough knowledge of online research.
- Knowledge and understanding of international development and agricultural/environmental research funders worldwide (their methods of funding, strategies, interests).
Education, knowledge and experience
• A minimum undergraduate degree in international relations, economics, business administration, natural sciences, or another relevant subject. Master’s degree preferred.
• Two (2) years working experience.
• Knowledge of MS Office suite and thorough knowledge of online research.
• Knowledge and understanding of international development and agricultural/environmental research funders worldwide (their methods of funding, strategies, interests).
Personal attributes and competencies
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent drafting skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Excellent Research skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to perform duties under minimum supervision.
Terms and conditions
The application deadline is 08 Feb, 2023
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.