Call for applications: Programme Associate SC6 | Multiple duty stations in Ukraine
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Ukraine
- Grade: Consultancy - SB-3 (SC6/SC7), Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-07-30
Programme Associate, SC6 | Multiple duty stations in Ukraine
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Programme Associate | SC-6 | Multiple duty stations (Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa, Dnipro) |
🚩 Vacancy Announcement n°: 471527
📢 Job Title: Programme Associate
📌Type of Contract: Service Contract
➡️ Unit / Division: Programme Unit / WFP Ukraine
📍 Duty Station: Multiple duty stations (Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa, Dnipro)
➡️ Duration: 12 months (renewable)
🔄 Successful candidates will be placed on the talent pool and may be contacted in the upcoming 12 months on an as-needed basis, for immediate opportunities.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
What will you do in this position?
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Why work with us?
The war in Ukraine has left an estimated one in three families without enough food, rising to one in two in some areas of the East and South. More than 6 million Ukrainians have been internally displaced and more than 6 million have left the country. Many of those who remain have lost their livelihoods, especially in areas close to the front lines. Millions who fled their homes to the country’s West are preparing for long-term internal displacement. Many who have returned to liberated areas around the capital, Kyiv, are struggling to rebuild their lives, having run out of money or found their homes reduced to rubble. WFP is quickly scaling up to support 4.7 million people per month inside Ukraine, using a flexible mix of food and cash assistance. We support people wherever they are, including in areas close to the front line. This is an opportunity for an exciting and challenging role in a multi-cultural, hardworking, fun and interdisciplinary team. In addition, we offer:
➡️ Meaningful and impactful careers: Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve
➡️ Continuous learning and training: We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers
➡️ Multicultural and stimulating work environment:
We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger Join us to make a difference in Ukraine.
How can you make a difference?
1. Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
4. Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
8. Act as a point of contact for the resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
9. Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
To join us in saving lives, changing lives, you will need to have......
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Has contributed to the implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- at least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in Programme support or other relevant fields.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Ukrainian.
Before you apply...
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply. CV and cover letter must be submitted in the English language. All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks. This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.