Call for applications: Programme Associate SC6 | Multiple duty stations in Ukraine
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: Programme Associate | SC-6 | Multiple duty stations (Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa, Dnipro) |
🚩 Vacancy Announcement n°: 471527
📢 Job Title: Programme Associate
📌Type of Contract: Service Contract
➡️ Unit / Division: Programme Unit / WFP Ukraine
📍 Duty Station: Multiple duty stations (Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa, Dnipro)
➡️ Duration: 12 months (renewable)
🔄 Successful candidates will be placed on the talent pool and may be contacted in the upcoming 12 months on an as-needed basis, for immediate opportunities.
The position is only open to Ukrainian nationals or residents of Ukraine, with a legal work permit.
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity, for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
What will you do in this position?
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Why work with us?
The war in Ukraine has had drastic consequences, both for people inside the country and for those around the world dependent on its huge grain supplies. It is inflicting untold suffering on civilians, displace families, and disrupt supply chains and food production. It has caused one of the fastest forced population movements since the Second World War. Close to 6 million Ukrainians are still living as refugees across Europe, and almost 5.1 million are internally displaced. Many have lost their homes and livelihoods. As food production and supply lines are disrupted by fighting, many families in the east and south do not have reliable access to nutritious food.
WFP uses a flexible mix of food and cash assistance to support communities affected by the war wherever they are. This includes working with local partners to distribute food rations in areas near the frontline and providing cash transfers wherever people have access to banks and markets to buy food. Since March 2022, WFP has distributed food and cash assistance equivalent to 2.4 billion meals to families displaced and affected by the war, partnering directly with local responders.
➡️ WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
➡️ WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment.
➡️ WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
➡️ A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
➡️ WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, leave plus a medical insurance.
How can you make a difference?
1. Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
4. Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
8. Act as a point of contact for the resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
9. Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
To join us in saving lives, changing lives, you will need to have......
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Has contributed to the implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- at least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in Programme support or other relevant fields.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Ukrainian.
Before you apply...
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply. CV and cover letter must be submitted in the English language. All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks. This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: