Call for Roster - Business Transformation Officer (International Consultant), RBDakar
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Dakar
- Grade: Consultancy - International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Operations and Administrations
- Sustainable trade and development
- Sustainable Business Development
- Closing Date: 2023-04-01
Call for Roster - Regional Business Transformation Officer (Consultant), RBDakar
🚩 Vacancy Announcement n°: 404244
📢 Job Title: Call for Roster - Regional Business Transformation Officer, RBDakar
✨ Contract type: Regular Consultant
✅ Unit / Division: TEC
📧 Duration: Assignments with a range of one (1) to eleven (11) months
📍 Duty Station: Regional Bureau Dakar, Senegal
⏰ Closing date: 13 March 2023
Would you like to join a global organization investing in its people? If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you! Join our diverse and passionate team and contribute to growing our staff capabilities.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operates in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability, and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger. At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high-performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: UN World Food Programme (WFP), and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
COUNTRY CONTEXT/ ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
The WFP West Africa region extends from Mauritania to Chad and along the coast from Cameroon to Senegal. It consists of 19 countries; Benin Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Cote d'Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo. The Regional Bureau for West & Central Africa (RBD) is based in Dakar and provides strategic guidance, technical support, and direction to country operations in these countries.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Business Transformation Officers partner with business units to understand their vision, mission, needs and operating environment in order to transform business objectives into solutions exploiting IT capabilities.
This call for the roster – Regional Business Transformation Officer (Consultant) is published to attain two objectives:
(i) create a pipeline of talent to facilitate a quick selection and deployment of Business Transformation Officers in any of the countries that fall under the WFP Regional Bureau of West Africa on a need basis and;
(ii) to give an opportunity to Business Transformation Officers to express interest in being part of this roster to meet the first objective.
This announcement is not related to any current open position. However, all applications received will be reviewed and will be subject to a selection process to assess the relevant professional experience and qualifications of the candidates.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSABILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Head of TEC the Business Transformation Officer (Consultant), will be responsible for the following:
- Support the development of functional work plans, ensuring compliance with wider WFP policies, standards and strategies.
- Continuously improve guidelines, processes and procedures of Business Relationship Management, Business Analysis and IT Project Management functions.
- Build and nurture relationships with the business counterparts to understand and anticipate the direction of the business and ensure alignment of provider’s solutions with changing business requirements and priorities.
- Participate in identifying business needs and propose well-researched ideas for new or improved systems, tools and processes that assist meeting WFP objectives.
- Manage business expectations in servicing business needs and oversee success of solutions, seeking ongoing opportunities to support or increase the business value from those solutions.
- Propose change and continuous operational improvement that supports business capabilities, by defining needs, modeling the business and recommending solutions that deliver value for business priorities.
- Communicate business objectives, requirements and process flows, to ensure common understanding and prioritization between stakeholders for their smooth implementation.
- Test and perform in-depth analysis of IT solutions to ensure they address business objectives, needs, requirements and process flows efficiently and effectively.
- Manage estimates, business cases, planning, and risk identification to ensure the delivery of IT solutions into the business to agreed time, budget, scope and quality.
- Manage a team of staff, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
Qualifications that you have attained.
- Advanced university degree (recognized by https://www.whed.net/home.php) in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses. Professional IT related certifications would be an asset.
What we are looking for.
- At least three (3) years (Consultancy level 1) or five (5) to ten (10) years (Consultancy level 2) of relevant post-graduate progressively responsible professional experience in business systems analysis, design and development and/or complex systems implementations.
- Experience in client-facing roles in either technology implementation projects or in the planning, design and implementation of such projects in humanitarian aid operations.
Please note the level of consultancies below:
- Level I Consultancy: At least three to five years of relevant professional experience.
- Level II Consultancy: At least five to ten years of relevant professional experience
Experiences that will make you stand out:
- You have effectively managed IT projects and supervised project team members.
- You have analysed and translated user requirements into new business processes and applications.
- You have formed strong partnerships with relevant parties to help meet organisational IT requirements.
Languages you should be able to speak fluently:
English and French (level C in reading, writing and speaking).
You have developed the following Skills:
- communication and collaboration skills and ability to work in multicultural environments.
- Ability to consult with users’ community in a friendly and effective way, with a special focus human-centered service design.
- Ability in managing business expectations and collaborating with other stakeholders.
- Analytical skills, accountability, responsibility and proactivity.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All applications received will be reviewed and go through a selection process to assess relevant experience and qualifications. Based on the assessment results, successful candidates will be placed in a roster at consultant level II. Applicants who meet the selection criteria may be contacted for further interviews or assessments and to confirm their continued interest and availability for short-term opportunities ranging between 1 to 11 months.
- The roster validity is for a period of 24 months from the date on which the candidate is notified of their success.
- This is an international consultancy roster and both internal and external candidates of all nationalities can apply to be part of the roster.
Deadline for application: 13 March 2023
WFP Value Proposition
- Meaningful and impactful careers - Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
- Continuous learning and training - We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers.
- Multicultural and stimulating working environment - We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger.
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU APPLY
- All employment decisions are made based on organisational needs, job requirements, merit and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Join Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
- WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
- WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
Special Notice on WFP RBD office relocation:
WFP and other UN Agencies will be moving to the new United Nations House, presently under construction in Diamniadio, 30 kilometers from downtown Dakar. The name of the duty station for this position will remain Dakar, Senegal.
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete, and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable). Do not just submit an old CV, revise it before you apply.
- Periods of employment are very important therefore list them in the format from mm/yyyy to mm/yyyy