Sudan : Country Logistics Volunteer – Khartoum
- Organization: ACTED - Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development
- Location: Khartoum
- Grade: Volunteer - Volunteer
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: Closed
Internship | 6 Months | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
In response to the emergency situation in Sudan, ACTED recruits.
You will be in charge of
The Logistics Volunteer assists the Country Logistics Manager to reinforce logistics processes in country. He/She will also provide technical support and capacity building to the logistics staff. The Logistics Volunteer may also support the Country Director for logistics management in case of Country Logistics Manager/Country Logistics Officer absence.
Contribute to improve logistics processes in country
- Stocks & deliveries;
- Fleet, transportation & fuel management;
- Asset management;
- Communications & IT management;
- Logistics Follow Up.
Train logistics & other staff to logistics procedures & tools
Support logistics documentation
Upon request support logistics operations
Expected skills and qualifications
- Post graduate Degree in logistics, supply chain management or equivalent, preferably at Master level;
- Experience in logistics in a professional environment (internship);
- Familiarity with basic office software programs;
- Knowledge of the humanitarian field will be an asset.
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference: CLV/SUD
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: