Supply Chain Officer
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Sumy
- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: Closed
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs working in 40 countries worldwide, is currently looking for a highly qualified Supply Chain Officer for Sumy Base.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine for more than 10 years with emergency and durable solution interventions for assisting IDPs, returnees, Host communities, and conflict-affected populations. With the outbreak of the conflict in February 2022, DRC has shifted its programming to emergency response to meet the urgent needs of conflict-affected population in the country. Current DRC programming is focusing on protection activities such as protection monitoring, information dissemination, Individual protection assistance, and legal aid. DRC is also planning to add to the ongoing emergency protection response activities such as GBV prevention and response, Psychosocial support (PSS), and community-based protection.
In addition to protection programming, DRC is currently implementing Multipurpose Cash Assistance (MPCA), NFI and Food distributions, Shelter & WASH interventions, and Economic Recovery, Humanitarian Demining and Explosive Ordnance Risk Education. The organization counts with 8 offices in the country.
Overall purpose of the role
Responsible for procurement of goods and services as per the assigned tasks, logistics functions at Sumy Base level (storage, warehousing, transportation, etc.), provide general logistics support to the program
Geographic scope: Sumy
This role has a base focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines at the base level. The role covers most of the routine procurement, asset keeping and warehousing operations.
- Following humanitarian principles, donors’ and DRC regulations, and legislation for the benefit of beneficiaries
- Optimization of all logistics operations to increase cost-effectiveness, including setting up longer-term supply contracts
- Coordination of program staff to ensure Supply Chain involvement in the whole program cycle
- Representation of DRC for other organizations and bodies
- Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and capacity building of the Supply Chain team
- Perform procurement processes according to the distributed Purchase Requisitions or actual needs
- Keep the trackers and records accurate and timely (not later than five business days) updated
- Ensure that procurement documents were duly composed, signed, scanned, and uploaded to the cloud storage; hard copies were archived
- Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
- Ensure that all payments due are made in time
- Run operations with Dynamics ERP system
Fixed asset management
- Receive assets from the suppliers, check them, loan to employees, arrange storage and proper scrapping
- Maintain Fixed asset list and all fixed asset records in Dynamics duly updated at all times
- Minimum once per half a year, run a physical check of assets
- Ensure that all assets are properly tagged
- Arrange warehousing support of the projects according to DRC regulations
- Participate in fleet support of the projects and DRC operation
- Participate in hiring drivers and renting vehicles
- Checking vehicle log sheets and monthly reports
- Preparation of reports and document sets for audits
- Development of manuals for program staff on certain supply chain processes
- Capacity building of partner organizations and supervision of their supply chain activities
- Cooperation and coordination with the finance unit
Required experience and competencies
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing, and stock management
- Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced English proficiency preferred
- Fluency in local language
Relevant university degree in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management or equivalent professional qualification.
- Contract length: 6 months renewable depending on performance and funding.
- Designation of Duty Stations: Sumy
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: March 20, 2023
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: