FST - WASH CLUSTER COORDINATOR
- Organization: ACF - Action Against Hunger
- Location: France
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency - has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health - Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection - Food Security and Livelihoods - Water, Sanitation and Hygiene - Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
You will support the FST Manager, the CAST and indirectly the Cluster Lead Agency (CLA) in resourcing partners and cluster/sector participants for the effective management and functioning of WASH coordination platforms, encompassing the following :
- Develop capitalization on the measurable impact and relevance of the TSP, and provide coordination functions in accordance with the cluster functions defined by the IASC.
- Support NCPs with strategic and/or operational guidance, through deployments and/or remote support (ad hoc or ongoing depending on the needs and complexity of the request).
- Support NCPs in their capacity building initiatives.
- Assist NCPs in updating or strengthening strategies, guidelines, action plans, training materials, and other similar materials.
- Develop a clear understanding of the objectives of the STF concept, reflecting the strategic direction of the Global WASH Cluster and the ways in which this position is expected to contribute to overall operational coordination and capacity building.
- Capitalize and document lessons learned, best practices and standards at the international level.
- Support hub coordinators in the creation of their work plans and budgets.
- Establish and maintain consistency, quality and timeliness of reporting in accordance with the requirements defined by the TSP Manager.
- Contribute to the management of and, where appropriate, manage any formal agreements or legal framework related to the position.
- Participate and/or propose seminars, workshops and meetings related to the position, as appropriate.
- Develop or help develop visibility actions to further promote STF, GWC and its partners.
- Support the implementation of real-time reviews and evaluations during and after operations, develop other mechanisms to inform and gather feedback on STF coordination and deployments
- Support the TSP manager's decision making by ensuring a clear system for consolidating, sharing, analyzing and reporting/disseminating information critical to decision making.
Your first objectives:
- Provide technical support to ongoing emergencies in the area of WASH cluster coordination
- Assess the capacity of pre-existing WASH coordination structures, advising on an appropriate approach, making maximum use of pre-existing decision-making structures (including government) and national capacities.
60% of the time will be spent in the field.
- Advanced degree/diploma in WASH, Project Management, Engineering or equivalent,
- Excellent language skills in English and French; knowledge of another language (Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese) is an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in WASH coordination (working within a cluster/sector),
- Experience in managing WASH humanitarian projects (minimum 5 years),
- Experience working in remote and/or insecure environments,
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skills,
- Ability to travel on short notice, and in sometimes difficult conditions, good resilience and stress management
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
- Status : "Cadre autonome" - Fixed term contract - Full time
- Location : Montreuil (Seine-Saint-Denis) - 60% of the time in the field.
- Salary conditions : - From 43 to 51KEUR gross per year over 13 months according to experience
- 25 days of paid leaves + 19 days of RTT
- Health and insurance coverage: 80% paid by ACF
- Transport: 50% of the fixed price between home and work is covered
- Meal vouchers : 60% paid by the association for a value of 8EUR.
- Cluster bonus : 1250 EUR gross/month
- Remote work: Open to all and from the metropolitan territory, our telecommuting policy defines the activities of the position requiring an imperative time of presence at the headquarters of the association, and allows you to choose to fully or partially exercise the rest of this time in telecommuting. Time spent at the head office will also be dedicated to collective sharing: 3 days per month on average for meetings and collective events and 2 days of compulsory presence when a new collaborator joins the team.
- Specific conditions and aptitudes: Sitting for long periods of time, oral expression, work on a screen, telephone contacts
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED UNTIL 06/03/2023.
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: