- Organization: APHRC - African Population and Health Research Center
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Scientist and Researcher
- Closing Date: Closed
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization, and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC seeks to recruit a Research Officer to join the Research and Related Capacity Strengthening Division.
The Research Officer will play a critical role in ensuring that data collected is accurate, complete and timely, and that it is used to inform programmatic decisions and improve performance:
- Assist in the design and implementation of research projects, including conducting literature reviews, developing research instruments, and collecting and analyzing data;
- Support the development of study protocols, application for ethical approvals and research permits;
- Collect, organize and manage research data, including inputting data into databases and verifying the accuracy of data;
- Participate in scientific publications and other dissemination resources such as technical reports, donor reports, briefing papers and blogs;
- Prepare research reports, including writing summaries of research findings and conclusions, and making recommendations for further research or action;
- Collaborate with other members of the research team, project managers, and other stakeholders to ensure that research activities are aligned with project goals and objectives;
- Support knowledge management and learning activities in the project;
- Undertake desk and literature reviews; and
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating workshops, meetings, conferences and report on the proceedings.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Biology, Public Health or a related field.
- At least two years’ experience in research, with experience in data collection and analysis.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data analysis software such as Stata or SPSS.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
This position is classified under Nationally Recruited Positions (NRP), Grade VI in our scales.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by March 20, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; shortlisted candidates will be required to have a Police Clearance Certificate. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: