HR Admin Officer South Sudan Juba
Juba South Sudan
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Juba South Sudan
- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Operations and Administrations
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2023-03-27
A job description is a written statement that describes the employee’s role and responsibilities. The role and responsibilities shall be executed within the NRC framework. The job description facilitates the recruitment process by stating the necessary competencies. It is mandatory for all positions.
Position: HR Admin Officer (Staff Learning and Development)
Reports to: HR Manager
Supervision of: HR Admin Assistant
Duty station: Juba (Supporting Country Office)
Project number: project Fund based
Duration and type of contract: 6 Months with possible extension
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Responsible for Overall function of the HR Staff learning and development administration Country level
- Tracking of all the staff learning and development, from the performance management learning objective for all, update and report Monthly.
- Responsible to Liaise with Government intuitions such as RRC, Immigration, Customs Relevant Ministries and Other Agencies which are stake holders to NRC’s Operations.
- Ensure that all NRC Juba country office and Guest house Infrastructures/Equipment’s are well maintained and regularly monitored.
- Filing and Archiving Maintained mainly for Incoming and Outgoing correspondences,
- Ensure that Monthly Reports such as Work permit/Visa Tracking’s, are developed.
- Ensure that Timely Travels Bookings are done both International and local and the Monthly cost compiled and submitted to finance promptly.
- Ensure Office Support is provided.
- Performance Management Of Administration Staffs.
- Perform any other duties as may be delegated from time to time by the Line Manager, or Country Director
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Support and Program team
- HR Country level and all field offices)
- All Employees of NRC South Sudan
Scale and scope of position
Numbers and titles of staff directly managed by the postholder, and numbers of staff and daily workers/incentive staff responsible for overall in the unit
Key external stakeholders the INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, governmental bodies)
Brief description of the information from the NRC E-learning
Legal or compliance:
Brief description of any legal compliance responsibility per NRC learning programme
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Some knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Diploma/Degree in HR/Admin
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Result orientated approach
2. Behavioral competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect