Gender Equality Analyst (Expert)
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Yerevan
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Women's Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- Closing Date: 2023-04-01
The project includes programmatic work in three Strategic Directions:
- Advance women’s leadership and political participation in local decision-making via public or civic roles
- Strengthen the gender sensitivity and gender responsiveness of public administration system and gender mainstreaming in public institutions at national and local levels
- Strengthen the role of civil society in setting agenda, contribution to decision-making and monitoring of governance processes on gender equality, women rights and women empowerment in Armenia.
The Expert will lead part of the programmatic components of the project, will explore and advise on the aspects of gender equality throughout the implementation of the project, advise on data collections and analysis vs. the ongoing trends and developments in the area of the gender equality (especially on the aspects of political and civic empowerment of women), contribute to methodologies and knowledge products of the project, facilitate the work with political parties and development of bottom-up policy channels.
- Ensure regular horizon scanning on the developments and trends in the area of gender equality in Armenia, including progress with national Strategy and Action Plan, legislation amendments, movements and discourse in the society; regular review and update the programme and project teams on data and statistics relevant to the project programmatic components;
- Contribute to the development of new approaches to gender equality by conducting researches, reviews, and recommending niches for further interventions;
- Support the WiP 2.0 Project Coordinator in planning and implementation of the programmatic components of the project; facilitate trainings and consultations on number of thematic areas;
- Contribute to the content and organization of WiP 2.0 project activities at local level within components related to political participation of women, work with political parties, work with local self-governments; components on forming and institutionalizing bottom-up policy channels;
- Support in preparation and elaboration of knowledge products, information materials and handouts for project’s capacity development activities;
- Support the WiP 2.0 project implementation, assist the project team with planning, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, helping with selection of relevant tools, as needed; support the WiP 2.0 team in preparation of workplans and progress reports; analyze information and provide expert input;
- Ensure communication and collaboration with beneficiary groups, government counterparts and project partners; contribute to the development of visibility and communications materials about the project to disseminate in selected areas and to wider public;
- Work with project data and compile statistics, work on the programme Database and Content Management System (DBCMS) for optimal data management of the project.
The Expert will work under the overall supervision of the Gender Equality Portfolio Manager, direct supervision of the WiP 2.0Project Coordinator and in close collaboration with the GE Portfolio Team.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies
Business Direction & Strategy - System Thinking:
- Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system
Business Direction & Strategy - Effective Decision Making:
- Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
Business Development - Knowledge Generation:
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
Business Management - Working with Evidence and Data:
- Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
2030 Agenda: People - Gender:
- Gender Issues and Analysis
2030 Agenda: People - Gender:
- Gender Mainstreaming
2030 Agenda: People - Gender:
- Women’s Economic Empowerment and Women’s Leadership
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section:
- Previous exposure to aspects of political participation of empowerment at the local level is an asset;
- Track record and experience with international organizations is a strong asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems
- Master's degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, Gender /Women Studies, Law or other related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in combination with 2 years of qualifying experience can be taken into consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in design and implementation of thematic concepts, methodological tools and knowledge products in the areas of women empowerment, gender equality, community development, participatory democracy.
- Experience in facilitation of formal and non-formal capacity building interventions (seminars, conferences, lectures, etc.) on human rights, gender equality and women empowerment;
- Experience in research and designing capacity development models and training modules;
- Knowledge of current situation and development trends in the field of gender equality, women political participation, community development and participatory democracy in Armenia;
- Experience in design, planning and implementation of programme/projects, managing data;
- Proficiency in professional writing and reporting.
- Fluency in English and Armenian.
- Knowledge of Russian is an asset.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
a) Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
b) A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
c) Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Annexes to the TOR:
UNDP Armenia Gender Equality Portfolio link: https://www.undp.org/armenia/gender-equality