Civil Society Organization Lead for Southeast Asia End Wildlife Crime Activity
- Organization: Tetra Tech - Modern Cooking for Healthy Forests
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Criminology, Extremism, Police Affairs and Anti-Corruption
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Animal Health and Veterinary
- Managerial positions
- Drugs, Anti-Money Laundering, Terrorism and Human Trafficking
- Natural Resource Management
- Closing Date: Closed
Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for Civil Society Organization (CSO) Lead on an expected USAID-funded program in Southeast Asia.
The five-year USAID Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA)-funded End Wildlife Crime Activity will conserve and reduce threats to biodiversity from wildlife trafficking and other wildlife crime in Asia by strengthening civil society, rules-based governance, and collective action to encourage the growth of regional constituents for the conservation of nature and wildlife. The Activity will focus on empowering regional civil society actors to act as change agents to effectively transform attitudes and behaviors to reduce wildlife trafficking; strengthen regional law enforcement, judicial and policy-making bodies to counter wildlife trafficking; and improve regional collective action among civil society, government, private sector and development partners to counter wildlife trafficking.
The CSO Lead will be responsible for providing technical direction and oversight for work planning process, stakeholder coordination, and implementation of the project’s Component 1 work stream. Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), the CSO Lead will supervise a Component 1 team focused on building the capacity and agency of regional civil society organizations and platforms to counter wildlife trafficking and other wildlife crime through advocacy, social mobilization, and behavior change campaigns. Activities will strengthen institutional capacity, foster leaders, and encourage citizen action to bring about positive change to combat wildlife trafficking with emphasis on the inclusion of historically underrepresented groups, such as women, indigenous peoples, and youth. . The CSO Lead will liaise with regional partners, civil society organizations, private sector partners, and communities, as needed. This would be a full-time position, based in Bangkok, Thailand for the life of project (anticipated five years).
* Oversee planning, coordination, and day-to-day implementation of Component 1 technical activities in partnership with technical team members and the COP/Deputy COP;
* Provide technical expertise and support annual work planning to define the activities to be carried out under the Component, contribute to progress reports on project implementation and all other major project deliverables, including adaptive management of Component 1 as needed in accordance with the project’s objectives and targets;
* Provide technical assistance to the project in one or more specific technical areas, in accordance with the contract statement of work and approved work plan.
*Provide supervision, guidance and support to project technical staff.
*Provide expertise for quality assurance and quality control of overall technical activities.
* Minimum of a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in international development, communications, environment/natural resource management, biodiversity conservation or a relevant discipline is required;
* At least seven (7) years of experience in the respective field of technical expertise; preferably in wildlife conservation or enforcement, natural resource management, policy development, wildlife crime and trafficking prevention, with a focus on institutional capacity development and civil society engagement working on large donor funded projects;
* A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory work experience managing multi-disciplinary teams and proven track record managing and coordinating collaboration stakeholders (including regional and national-level governments, the private sector, and local organizations);
* Prior experience working on USAID-funded development programs within the Southeast Asia context strongly preferred;
*Proven track record collaborating with a diverse array of stakeholders and fostering collaborative learning, adaptive management, and social inclusion with women, youth, indigenous and other vulnerable populations;
* Professional fluency in English required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: bit.ly/CSOLead
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: