Mozambique: Country Logistics Manager – Pemba
- Organization: ACTED - Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development
- Location: Pemba
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Supply Chain
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
Fixed term | 6 months | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
By mid-2019, a severe escalation of the violence between the non-state armed groups and the military resulted in mass displacements, with more than 750,000 IDPs across the northern Cabo Delgado Province in early 2022. In parallel, the government’s Reconstruction Plan for the province, targeting areas cleared by security forces and in need of infrastructure investments, has been incentivising the gradual return of thousands.
While the scale of the humanitarian response to conflict and displacement in Cabo Delgado has been on the increase since mid-2020, it remains insufficient to address affected populations’ needs – both displaced and returnees. The conflict has destroyed livelihoods, disrupted markets, and essential services across the hardest-hit districts, and access to most districts classified as in need of WASH humanitarian assistance.
ACTED was officially registered in Mozambique in 2022, contributing to the humanitarian capacity in country with its expertise in CCCM and WASH in particular. In addition to the provision of coordination capacity for the CCCM cluster in Pemba (now concluded), the organisation is initiating in Sept. the implementation of a project aiming to assist returnees in the province of Cabo Delgado with better access to essential WASH services. Our objective is to contribute to stabilization efforts by targeting areas within Cabo Delgado province where return rates are high so as to provide returnees, host communities and possible IDPs with sustained and durable WASH assistance. In parallel to rolling out its humanitarian operations, ACTED will be setting up its organisational capacity in Mozambique to enable the development of its team and response.
You will be in charge of
The Country Logistics Manager (CLM) is a key member of the Management Team at country level. Under the authority of the Country Director/Representative, the CLM is responsible for supply chain management intended to program implementation, as well as for logistical transversal management such as fleet, fuel, premises, assets & communication management. S/He should ensure compliance of all logistics operations in country with ACTED logistics & donors’ procedures, best practices & national regulations, with an emphasis given to the value for money principle. He/She will also lead, provide technical support and capacity building to the country logistics staff.
Supply chain management
- Procurement: Ensure that any need should be delivered according to the defined chronogram, requested quality standards, and proper procurement scenario
- Stocks & deliveries: Ensure appropriate storage network & stock management standards across the country
Transversal logistical management
- Fleet & transportation: Deploy efficient transportation means across the country
- Fuel: Manage fuel supply across the country; anticipate & mitigate fuel supply risks, including quality requirements
- Asset: Deploy an efficient asset allocation & maintenance plan across the country
- Premises: Ensure proper working & living conditions for all staff in each premise at all times by maintaining an efficient general services approach
- Communications & IT management: Deploy an efficient IT plan across the country based on ACTED global standard
Compliance & transparency
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in logistics, supply chain management and/or security management and procedures;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English and Portuguese;
- Previous experience abroad is an asset.
- Salary between 2200 and 2400€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) including the reference: CLM/MOZ
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: