Project Associate (NPSA-7)
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Belgrade
- Grade: Administrative support - NPSA-7, National Personnel Services Agreement
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: Closed
With digital transformation of the national economy and public administration high on the government agenda, Serbia has a good chance for future-proofing its administration's capabilities for rapid deployment of cost-effective, secure and citizen-focused e-services, coordinated implementation of ICT policies, and strategic digital transformation of the economy and society. The trajectory has been set with the establishment of the central Office for IT and e-Government (ITE), strengthening of the Ministerial Council for IT and Innovative Entrepreneurship, launch of the national Center for the 4th Industrial Revolution, establishment of the national AI Institute, as well as significant strides in the digitalization of education, health, and multiple other key areas.
The current portfolio team is seeking to expand with new Project Associate, who will be responsible for day-to-day monitoring of activities and providing assistance in particular related to electronic communications, specifically broadband internet and 5G network under the guidance of the Portfolio Analyst (Manager).
The specific duties and responsibilities during the assignment will include, but not be limited to the following:
Provides support for the administration and implementation of project activities focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Undertake administrative, logistical, travel, procurement, financial and asset management tasks in full compliance with UNDP rules, regulations and policies;
- Provide support to procure goods and services required by the project, in liaison with the relevant staff and units of UNDP Country Office.
- Provide administrative support in arranging project related meetings for the Project Board, and other when needed.
- Participate in the preparation of work plans, operation plans and procurement plans and periodical reviews thereof;
- Provide support in quality control of project activities, including assessing impact and effectiveness, tracking outputs and results, and ensure timely and efficient delivery to both UNDP and Ministry of Information and Telecommunications;
- Maintain an appropriate filing system documenting the implementation of approved work-plan activities;
- Provide support in regular monitoring and data collection of project activities in accordance with work-plan and procurement plan;
- Provide general secretarial and administrative assistance to the project in close liaison with UNDP teams.
Provide general financial support to the project, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist project team in drafting quarterly and yearly project progress reports concerning financial issues;
- Assist project management in performing budget cycle: planning, preparation, revisions, and budget execution;
- Provide assistance to partner agencies involved in project activities, performing and monitoring financial aspects to ensure compliance with budgeted costs in line with UNDP policies and procedures;
- Monitor project expenditures, ensuring that no expenditure is incurred before it has been authorized;
- Perform preparatory work for mandatory and general budget revisions, annual physical inventory, auditing; and assist external evaluators in fulfilling their mission;
- Prepare all outputs in accordance with the UNDP administrative and financial office guidance;
- Ensure that all project financial activities are carried out on schedule and within budget to achieve the project outputs;
- Perform all other financial related duties, upon request.
Provide general administrative support to the project, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure that UNDP procurement rules are followed during procurement activities that are carried out by the project and maintain responsibility for the inventory of the project assets;
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation, in cooperation with the UNDP Operations Unit.
- Organization of workshops, conferences, retreats;
- Take own initiative and perform daily work in compliance with annual work schedules;
- Coordination of surveys, DSA, travel agencies, organization of common services and other administrative surveys,
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters.
Provides assistance to enable timely information gathering and research focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitor the news and prepare of brief synopsis of relevant news items;
- Assist in undertaking information gathering and basic research for use in briefings and background papers;
- Assist in updating matrices to map activities of stakeholders and assistance providers for improved coordination;
- Compile, organize and file of information and documents for reference and use by team members.
The Project Associate will execute the duties and responsibilities outlined above under the guidance and supervision of the Project Manager and Portfolio Analyst (Manager).
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Business Direction & Strategy - Effective Decision Making:
- Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
Business Direction & Strategy - Negotiation and Influence:
- Ability to reach an understanding, persuade others, resolve points of difference, gain advantage in the outcome of dialogue, negotiates mutually acceptable solutions through compromise and creates win-win situations
Business Management - Partnership management:
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts and others in line with UNDP strategy and policies
Business Management - Operations Management:
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and oversee the organization's business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner.
- Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms
External Relations & Advocacy (General (across the functions)) - Public Relations:
- Ability to build and maintain an overall positive public image for the organization, its mandate and its brand, while ensuring that individual campaigns and other communications and advocacy initiatives are supported in reaching the public
External Relations & Advocacy (Communications) - Advocacy Strategy and Implementation:
- Ability to create and implement advocacy strategies which lead to impactful change
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
- Experience of working for international organizations/companies related to project implementation and/or previous experience managing UNDP projects is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in Project administration
- Demonstrated experience in financial administration
- Demonstrated experience working in IT, telecommunications sector or similar
- Demonstrated experience to communicate well and interact with key partners in project implementation and delivery
- Demonstrated Experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation
- Secondary education.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Electrical Engineering, IT or related field will be desired.
- Minimum 7 years (with Secondary education) or 4 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience is required.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, ability to communicate in writing and orally and make presentations; familiarity with the use of social media tools
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment
- Ability to multi-task, excellent interpersonal skills and work well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills in English and Serbian.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: