- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Abuja
- Grade: Administrative support - GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: Closed
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the guidance and oversight of the supervisor (Operations Manager), the Procurement and Administrative Associate supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative and procurement processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. S/he works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff team to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implement the operational processes
- Organize of procurement processes
- Support to HR implementation services
- Logistical and general administration support
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Implement operational processes
- Facilitates full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provide inputs to the MCO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provide inputs to the preparation and implementation of the Operations team results-oriented work plans.
Organize procurement processes
- Contribute to the preparation of procurement plans for the office and their implementation monitoring.
- Generates procurement related reports; researches and drafts responses to enquiries for clearance by the Operation Manager.
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost effective manner.
- Organize procurement activities and processes, including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, opening and evaluation of tenders, coordinate contract negotiations (as required), prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, in full compliance with UN Women regulations and rules.
- Prepare Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas including preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, and create vendor profiles in Atlas.
- Under guidance conducts reviews of procurement processes conducted by projects; submissions to the Regional Acquisition Management Review Committee (RAMRC), and Acquisition Management Review Committee (AMRC).
- Facilitates implementation of the internal control system, and prepares and dispatches Purchase Orders. Timely corrective actions on POs with errors (e.g. POs with budget errors, match exceptions, unapproved POs etc.), and provide timely information and response to relevant department to resolve the issues.
Support to HR implementation services
- Support in the provision of HR services in the area of recruitment including vacancy announcement, organizing interview panels etc.
- Provide support in personnel administration for international and national staff as appropriate (e.g. renewal of UNLPs, visas; extension of contracts, administration of national benefits and allowances; administration of home leave entitlements, etc).
- Maintain staffing lists and reports as required.
- Assume overall responsibility for attendance and leave management monitoring.
- Prepare staffing/personnel related reports; research and draft responses to enquiries for clearance by the Supervisor.
Logistical and general administration support
- Support organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent).
- Perform a Buyer role in Atlas and preparation of POs for travel activities.
- Make travel arrangements including preparation of travel authorizations, hotel arrangement, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Support collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to organization of common services.
- Provide necessary administrative support to maintenance of premises and common services.
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support in the organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on administrative related matters.
- Compilation of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Make sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Key performance indicators
- Adherence to UN Women rules and regulations;
- Timely and quality procurement services;
- Perform duties in a transparent and cost effective manner;
- Provide timely and quality advice to clients;
- Timely and quality reports
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations; ·
- Strong IT and web based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- University degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or related fields is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in the use of an ERP system, such as ATLAS or Quantum, is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: