Supply Chain Assistant (Warehouse)
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Administrative support
- Transport and Distribution
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: Closed
WHO ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, and participation.
ABOUT THE JOB
The overall purpose of the role:
To support the Supply Chain Manager- Logistics, in Control of all the DRC & HDP Warehouse/Stores in coordination with Project Managers. The main objective is to run and maintain an efficient and transparent logistics inventory system (Dynamic), which responds to the current needs of country operations, including Emergency responses, and complies with the DRC/HDP operations handbook (Warehouse).
- Understand, respect, and control DRC policies and procedures.
- Focus on supporting transparency and accountability of the organization.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with DRC & HDP Programme
- Maintain accurate systems and regularly update Warehouse / Inventory Database.
- Assist the Logistics officer in preparation of any reporting required in terms of Stock Reports, Deliveries, Goods Received, and compliance documentation.
Position’s Specific Objectives and responsibilities
- Maintaining and updating records of all inventories on DRC Dynamic and offline databases.
- Responsible for physical inspection of warehouse/Stores to be done on a regular basis, also ensuring that the stock is stored correctly and rotated effectively.
- Responsible for the Explosive Monthly Report to the Kabul police department and logistics office.
- Maintain good work standards and controls, ensuring proper stock handling, record keeping, and storeroom methods.
- Effectively manage analysis and sort all incoming and outgoing materials.
- Register all related Picking Lists on the DRC dynamic.
- Prepare Packing Slip for the Kabul base program.
- Review requests; authenticate all issuing and receiving documents.
- Issue and shipment of explosives to all HDP operation locations.
- Close coordination with Afghan Government for Explosive movement and reporting.
- Issue consumables (Uniforms, Blankets, etc.) as required to the HDP field staff.
- Perform any other tasks as instructed by the logistics manager.
- Ensure that an organized filing system is in place.
- Support the Logistics Manager in the provision of accurate updated documentation in case of audit
- Ensure that the preposition spare parts stock is at an appropriate level according to needs and availability.
- Provide weekly work plans and monthly reports logistic manager and actively participate in the weekly/ monthly coordination and departmental meetings.
- Adhere fully to the DRC Code of Conduct.
- Any other task and duties assigned by Line Manager, such as providing cover for a colleague who is away.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the DRC salary scale.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Three years’ work experience in the logistics field
- Preferred the de-mining background or work experiences with de-mining INGO/NGOs
- Graduated from High school.
- Knowledge of MS office package
- English (Written and Spoken) – Good
- Dari / Pasto (Written and Spoken) – Fluent
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking the below Apply button. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV-only applications will not be considered.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: