Livelihoods Officer (National Position)
- Organization: IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The Livelihoods Officer will report directly to the Mae Sot-based Senior Livelihoods Manager to support the development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of IRC Thailand’s livelihoods programs in refugee camps and in urban areas where applicable. With oversight of the Senior Livelihoods Manager, the incumbent will work closely with: (i) field-based program staff to ensure the integration of livelihoods activities into existing Health, Protection, Emergency Protection and Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) programs; (ii) the Programs Unit in Bangkok to organize and implement initiatives according to program logical frameworks. The Livelihoods Officer will be responsible for the execution of IRC Thailand’s livelihoods-related activities under the livelihood portfolio, with guidance and direction from the Senior Livelihoods Manager, which includes/may include enterprise development, capacity building and market relevant skill activity, financial literacy, financial inclusion, and other activities. The Livelihoods Officer will provide support and input into program reports and proposals as assigned by the Senior Livelihoods Manager.
- Take lead in implementing Livelihood activities in Ratchaburi and Kanchanaburi and ensure activities implementation align with project work plan and strategy of Thailand country program
- Coordinate with private sector partnership to organize and implement Mentorship Program activities.
- Work closely with other program/operations field staff members to ensure the effective and timely implementation of activities under program work plans and logical frameworks.
- Together with the Senior Livelihoods Manager, schedule regular monitoring and ensure modification of program activities as required, including addressing any problems that may arise.
- Monitor deliverable of consultant involve in this project’s assignments are timely completed according to consultancy’s agreement.
- Work closely with M&E manager on Collecting and maintaining project data according to Livelihood project monitoring framework.
- Ensure preparatory task for implementing project’s activity are completed according to project’s workplan.
- Ensure financial spending, financial and supply chain document of activities in Ratchaburi and Kanchanaburi is collected aligned with IRC and donor compliance policy.
- Work closely with Livelihood Training Officer to monitor training outcomes through baseline surveys, pre- and post-tests, after action review and follow-up interviews, and continually reflect on training experiences and monitoring data to improve future trainings.
- Technical support and supervise Livelihood’s camp base staff in Ratchaburi and Kanchanaburi
- Support Senior Livelihood Manager and Senior Protection and Empowerment Coordinator in preparation of project report and other project documentation.
Coordination and Partnership
- Being Livelihood Project representative for Livelihood Community in Ratchaburi and Kanchanaburi camps
- Maintaining relation and coordination with stakeholder in Ratchaburi and private sectors.
- Looking for new private sector to provide income generating activities to refugee.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Livelihoods Manager
Position directly supervises: Camp base staff in Ratchaburi and Kanchanaburi
Indirect Reporting: Senior Protection and Empowerment Coordinator and Filed Coordinator (Ratchaburi)
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Country Director, Deputy Director of Programs, Legal Assistance Coordinator, Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) team, Programs and Sub-grants Unit, IRC Thailand field offices in other locations; Finance Unit; Operations/Logistics/Supply Chain Unit
External: Local community-based partner organizations, civil society, non-governmental organizations.