Database Coordinator (Cash & Markets)
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kyiv
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
We are looking for a Ukranian Database Coordinator (Cash & Markets) who will be responsible for managing financial transactions related to cash assistance programs for vulnerable people. The job requires attention to detail and the ability to work with financial data in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. The ideal candidate should have good experience in database management systems, and data wrangling techniques. Knowledge of humanitarian principles (Cash & Markets) and experience working in the humanitarian sector is also a huge advantage.
To be Dedicated, Innovative, Inclusive and Accountable are attitudes and believes that shall guide our actions and relationships.
What you will do:
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Digital team
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries' data is stored in a safe and secure manner adhering to all data security and protection standards.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Create and maintain documentation for the existing data manipulation scripts and pipelines
- Perform regular backups and disaster recovery testing to ensure the integrity of the databases.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory requirements and ensure the organization's compliance with them.
What you will bring:
- Education: University degree in IT, Data science, Data management or analytics
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with managing large sets of data from various sources
- Deep Understanding and expertise in Python, Relational databases, and Excel.
- Experience with facilitating and leading internal organisational processes
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with API’s
- Experience with backend or data engineering
- Experience with data modelling and data analysis tools
- Preferred experience in modern backend programming language (Python preferred)
- In–depth understanding of data structures and other computer science fundamentals
- Experience in building secure systems
What Makes This Position Attractive?
- The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. The organisation protects displaced people and supports them as they build a new future. The organisation began relief efforts after World War II, and today, works in both new and protracted crises across more than 40 countries.
- Meaningful work that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities. NRC Ukraine meets immediate humanitarian needs, prevents further displacement, and contributes to durable solutions.
What We Offer
- Duty station: Kyiv
- Contract duration: Till end of December 2023
- 10% to field locations
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
- Closing Date: 29.03.2023
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. In the selection of our staff, we are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Key Information - Please Take Note When Applying
- We highly encourage you to learn more about the role: please review the detailed Job Description here.
- Learn more about NRC here and NRC Ukraine
- To apply as an internal candidate, please click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience, employment history, and education in your application.
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: