Programme Analyst, Inclusive and Green Development (NPSA-9)
- Organization: UNDP - United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Podgorica
- Grade: Junior level - NPSA-9, National Personnel Services Agreement
- Project and Programme Management
- Disability Rights
- Closing Date: 2023-04-06
- Manage /implement the project activities in a gender sensitive manner and contribute to the further development of the project through its promotion and partnership building with the relevant stakeholders and relevant international and local partners;
- Coordinate resource mobilization activities and negotiate with donors for projects/activities within the framework of the project and maintaining regular communication with them, and actively participate in the design and development of related programme/projects.
- Contribute to the formulation and development of new projects and strategic plans that are in line with the UNDP strategic focus and gender sensitive;
- Advise UNDP on strategic matters and global developments related to the low carbon inclusive green development and other related topics;
- Monitor implementation progress and ensure quality and timely reporting to donors and Project partners;
- Maintain regular communication with other UN Agencies, CSOs, international organizations and stakeholders interested to provide further support to the low carbon inclusive green development.
- Ensure successful completion of the projects in accordance with the stated outcomes and performance indicators summarized in the project’s results framework and within the planned schedule and budget;
- Identify and develop interventions in line with national priorities and building up on the existing portfolio of UNDP Montenegro.
- Maintain regular communication and provide advisory and implementation support to identified institutional partners in their endeavors towards development of the effective national disability determination system;
- Organize project teamwork in line with the Project document including consultants; prepare and assign due tasks, monitor progress and motivate them;
- Ensure that the project work plans are prepared and updated on time and reflect project objectives and outputs from the Results and Resources Framework;
- Ensure timely coordination and recruitment of individual consultants and ensure gender sensitive process;
- Ensure that procurement of goods and services under the project is undertaken in an optimal quality manner;
- Supervise and coordinate the contracts of various vendors contracted for the purpose of specific project activities’ implementation;
- Monitor implementation progress and ensure, results based, quality and timely reporting to project partners and internally;
- Ensure projects visibility and communication in close working with communications team
- In cooperation with the Project Assistant, support the maintenance of complete accounting records of all the project activities (budget, commitments, expenditures, income); ensure proper follow up in relation to project expenditures, approval, and financial reporting;
- Be responsible for title of transfer of all the assets purchased and used under the project;
- Monitor the resources being spent i.e. approve requisitions in Quantum, and certify/confirm receipt of goods and services.
Oversee Project Activities:
- Prepare implementation of inclusive action plans to reflect clearly project objectives and outputs;
- Organize the project team, assign tasks, and monitor progress on a regular basis;
- Assist in identifying relevant sources of expertise for project/activity implementation;
- Review the official documents and communications;
- Advice the respective Team Leader on potential adjustments of actions and procedures in light of changing requirements, issues, risks and needs;
- Monitor regularly the relevant events and/or subjects in the local media.
With the support of the Country Office Communications, the incumbent will make sure that the Projects take account of principal components of communications/advocacy campaigns in order to:
- Ensure project visibility by keeping target public informed about Project objectives, results/achievements and their impact on the recipient communities;
- Ensure that outputs produced by the project are adequately communicated in partnership with relevant institutions and donors;
- Contribute to the learning and knowledge sharing within UNDP and among external partners at the country, regional and global levels.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
People Management Competencies
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies
- Ability to identify funding sources, match funding needs (programmes/projects/initiatives) with funding opportunities, and establish a plan to meet funding requirements.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goal.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts and others in line with UNDP strategy and policies.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
Customer Satisfaction/Client Management
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers' needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients' immediate requests.
- Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concerns.
Nature, Climate and Energy
- Green Economy and Green Growth
- Development Planning
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Natural Science, Social Sciences, Technical Science, or other related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
Minimum 2 years (with Master’s degree) or 4 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant professional experience in complex project management and negotiations with donors in the areas of climate change, green economic development, economic diversification and/or energy transition related issues.
- Proficient usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience in the development/implementation of energy efficiency interventions, including their financing structuring;
- Experience in managing teams and complex projects/processes that include extensive communication, coordination and facilitation with public and private sector partners, and leveraging financing for activities of common interest;
- Experience in managing projects of similar complexity and nature, including demonstrated capacity to actively explore new, innovative implementation and financing mechanisms to achieve the projects objectives;
- Experience and knowledge of the approaches and the best practices in catalyzing low carbon development initiatives;
- Familiarity and prior experience with UNDP and vertical funds requirements and procedures.
- Fluency in English and Montenegrin (written and spoken).
The Programme Analyst reports to the Team Leader for Inclusive and Green Growth and Stewardship of Natural Resources . S/he works in close collaboration with other members of the programme team, the operations team, UNDP HQs global and regional, other UN Agencies staff, government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors, civil society and private sector. The Programme Analyst supervises one Project Assistant.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.