Project Assistant (Ukrainian National)
- Organization: GRC - Global Rights Compliance
- Location: Ukraine
- Grade: Consultancy - Consultant - Contractors Agreement
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-03-31
Global Rights Compliance (GRC) is an international legal foundation focused on bringing perpetrators to justice for atrocity crimes. We have a presence in the Hague, London, Washington, and Kyiv.
GRC in Ukraine works in support of the Office of the Prosecutor General (OPG) by deploying several Mobile Justice Teams (MJTs) which assist the PGO in all aspects of the investigation, case building, and prosecution. Our headquarters for this project are in Kyiv, Ukraine. GRC’s MJTs operate throughout Ukraine in areas of interest to the OPG.
We are looking for a candidate to join our team as Project Assistant for the Ukraine programs.
DUTY STATION: The job will be based in Ukraine
CONTRACT DURATION: 6-month contract with a possible extension.
In this role, the Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting project implementation,
ensuring quality and results by:
- Providing support to project implementation, guaranteeing quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Supporting planning, monitoring, and evaluation activities of the project, in articulation with the Project Manager.
The key results will support the efficiency and effectiveness in the implementation of the projects, in accordance with GRC policies and procedures and donor requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Providing support to projects implementation, guaranteeing quality, efficiency, and effectiveness:
- Provides administrative and operational support on the implementation of the project;
- Support to follow-up on project auditing issues;
- Drafts routine official correspondence/documents as per project/thematic activities needs;
- Supports project communications;
- Follow-up, as required by the Project Manager, with project partners and donors, to guarantee smooth implementation of administrative and operational activities of the project;
- Maintain up-to-date files and records of project documentation;
- Ensures the flow of information and dissemination of materials with all concerned;
- Manages the contact lists of project and thematic activities stakeholders;
- Provide logistical support for workshops and other meetings as tasked by the Project Manager;
- Prepares all related background materials for discussions, correspondence, and briefing sessions;
- Takes minutes of meetings, when appropriate;
- Process, as required by the Office Manager, project-related travel arrangements;
Supporting planning, monitoring, and evaluation activities of the project, in articulation with the Project Manager:
- Support the elaboration of project work plans;
- Support the elaboration of project procurement plans;
- Support the timely preparation and submission of progress reports, donor reports, project reviews, financial reports, audit reports, and any other required project reports;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Fluency or competency in Ukrainian