Projects Reporting Officer
- Organization: UN - United Nations
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid level - P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Project and Programme Management
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: Closed
Org. Setting and Reporting
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for highly committed personnel wishing to make a change.
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a tangible difference for one of the most vulnerable communities in the world, UNRWA would like to hear from you.
The Projects Reporting Officer reports to the Senior Curriculum Advisor in close coordination with the Chief Teaching and Learning Division.
- Prepares project reports as per the schedule agreed with donors:
- Coordinates with relevant staff on quantitative and qualitive data required for reporting.
- Drafts project reports in coordination with project managers and incorporating feedback by relevant teams and ensuring sign off by senior leadership including Director of Education, Information Management and Technology Department (IMTD) and Department of Internal Oversight Services (DIOS).
- Coordinates and collects information on the budget component of the report in coordination with the project managers, finance, and project management departments
- Updates the results framework in line with the project proposals including elements like indicators, outputs, and outcomes.
- Drafts minutes of meetings and maintains log of action points/decisions, following up as required.
- Prepares other written documents and information including briefing notes, addressing any queries raised by internal stakeholders and donors.
- Facilitates communication between different departments of UNRWA and focal points in the Fields, assisting in management, monitoring, and reporting of the projects.
- Develops any other ad hoc project reports, concept / information notes and proposals required at any time to strengthen the implementation of projects or further efforts at fundraising, partnership management etc. including lessons learnt.
UN Core Values of Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity, and Core Competencies of Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results apply by default. Default managerial competencies may apply.
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Relating and Networking
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks
- Planning and Organizing
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office.
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews: https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=AYI
Advanced university degree (Master's or equivalent) from an accredited educational institution in education, management, international relations, business administration, data analysis or other related field.
At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in project/programme management,
implementation, monitoring and reporting, ideally in the education sector or related fields is
Unless already serving as an international staff member in the UN Common System, at least
two continuous years of relevant international experience outside UNRWA, and outside the
country(s) of citizenship is required.
Prior experience in development/humanitarian sector is required.
Experience in handling reporting on log frames with detailed budgeting aspects is required.
Knowledge of Palestine refugees and/or humanitarian response and development in the
Middle East is desirable.
Experience in the humanitarian or UN sector is desirable.
Experience in advocacy, communications, and fundraising is desirable.
Previous experience working directly with multistakeholder grant management is desirable.
Excellent command of written and spoken English is required.
Ability to communicate in Arabic is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.Special Notice
Type of contract and duration: 1 year, with the possibility of further extension.
Applicants have to complete the Personal History Profile (PHP) in Inspira in order to be considered. The PHP should be completed with full relevant work experience as per the requirements in the Job Opening, in order to be considered.
A roster may be created from the selection exercise, and successful candidates may become eligible for a temporary appointment to the same post or a similar post.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
Equivalency may apply.
NB: work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. The mission of UNRWA is to help Palestine refugees achieve their full potential in human development under the difficult circumstances in which they live.
For more details on UNRWA, please visit: https://www.unrwa.org.
United Nations Considerations
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Commissioner-General of UNRWA and to assignment by him or her.
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified applicants from under-represented groups.
At UNRWA, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. UNRWA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
UNRWA staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of efficiency, competence, neutrality, impartiality and integrity. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. Candidates will not be considered for employment with UNRWA if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment. The Agency may disqualify applicants who have separated for reason of misconduct, who left a UN Agency while misconduct processes were pending, or who appear on the UN Sanctions List.
UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: