Procurement Senior Associate
- Organization: UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Antananarivo
- Grade: Administrative support - LICA-7, Local Individual Contractors Agreement
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2023-03-31
Summary of key results:
1.Transactional Procurement Support services
Ensures compliance of transactional procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies, including undertaking the following
| 2. Procurement planning and systems |
Ensures team/personnel provision of support to procurement planning and systems, focusing on achievement of the following results:
| 3. Requisitions/procurement and sourcing |
Supervises the office’s or team’s requisitions/procurement and sourcing support processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
| 4. Bidding and tendering |
Supervises team/personnel providing the following support services to bidding and tendering processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
| 5. Contract administration |
Ensures team provision of support to efficient contract administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
| 6. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing |
| Impact of Results |
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Procurement Senior Associate affects the performance of major aspects of the relevant business unit/s, project activities, procurement and contract management support services, impacting the timely and effective implementation of the respective services and deliverables. This ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First University Degree in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, or related areas is desirable but not required.
- Relevant certification in procurement and supply chain management (CIPS or similar) is a distinct advantage.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in providing procurement support services in national and/or international public or corporate organizations is required with a high school degree
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is highly desirable.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable
- Fluency in French is required.
- Fluency in English is a huge asset. Intermediate level would be required, given that the working language will be French
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset