Senior Specialist, Performance & Evaluation
- Organization: QF - Qatar Foundation
- Location: Doha
- Grade: Mid/Senior level - Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Impact assessment
- Closing Date: 2023-04-18
To execute performance monitoring and evaluation plans for divisions strengthening QF’s performance and evaluation mechanisms for improved effectiveness and decision-making. Ensures application of performance monitoring and measurement standards and best practices in both formal annual and semi-annual assessments as well as project-based research and evaluation studies. Ensure continuous improvement in performance analysis for improved organizational reporting, performance effectiveness, and collective learning.
Key Result Areas:
- Recommend, coordinate, and provide expertise in all aspects related to Performance Management and Evaluation for assigned portfolios/projects and divisions.
- Work in liaison with QF stakeholders to establish and support the link between strategic objectives, programs and initiatives, and provide advice on target and KPI setting to support in systematic reviews, evaluative and reporting efforts; ensuring KPIs are cascaded from divisions to entities.
- Ensure that the performance of QF is monitored and evaluated in a comprehensive and systematic manner, with focus on allocated Divisions, through written reports, scorecards and systems as required.
- Supervise the effective execution of a semi-annual performance cycle for allocated divisions which integrates with the strategic planning exercise, providing training and assistance to divisions on tools and process enhancements as required.
- Supervise the timely provision of performance data from allocated divisions, centers, and directorates and ensure all required data is obtained and checked for completeness, accuracy, and uploaded to the QF performance dashboard platform.
- Review performance information (progress on KPIs and initiatives) for allocated divisions and provide insights on performance gaps versus targets and benchmarks, with advice on potential learnings, solutions and opportunities for course-correction.
- Maintain quality management processes and documentation for corporate performance processes for allocated divisions and suggest improvements to performance monitoring processes based on customer feedback and business needs, and share best practices with other SPD units.
- Facilitate high customer satisfaction of allocated divisions with the strategic performance management processes and understand and explore areas where satisfaction can be enhanced.
- Conduct performance evaluations for allocated divisions and centers as requested by SPD management & engage in the monitoring of national level indicators and international best practices in areas relevant to allocated division.
- Conduct strategic inquiries in the form of deep dives providing expertise in research, data analysis, data mining and sense-making, presenting and reporting on findings in the form of sophisticated reports for stakeholders.
- Participate in evaluation exercises conducted by the Performance Unit lending insights, knowledge and capabilities to the project outputs.
- Conduct reviews of annual strategic plan submissions ensuring continuing between the planning and performance.
- Ensure effective coordination between the planning and monitoring processes and seamless touchpoints for divisions and support annual business planning process on allocated divisions by jointly reviewing entity business plans with the Strategic Planning Business Partner and providing relevant feedback on coherence of business plans in terms of initiatives and KPIs on each strategic objective.
- Provide input into projects related to the allocated divisions and centers’ strategies based on findings from performance reporting and annual planning cycles.
- Provide assistance to broader SPD team, in the form of analysis and strategy development as required.
- Develop and mentor junior SPD team members by providing on the job coaching and mentoring.
- Deliver Corporate training and annual orientation sessions to divisional and center focal points and SPD members as required.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field & 6-8 years of relevant full-time work experience, 2 of which at a supervisory level
- Must have a strong understanding of conceptual frameworks of corporate performance. Ideally, the candidate will direct experience in Performance management.
- Should have overall work experience across a range of sectors including exposure to education, community/social development and research with strong emphasis on strategy, planning, and monitoring & evaluation.
- Must be very logical and structured in thinking and have excellent problem-solving ability.
- Must be able to facilitate discussion and have solid interpersonal skills – experience in facilitating discussion should be considerable.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.