- Organization: WTO - World Trade Organization
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Junior level - Grade 6 - Professional Staff - Internationally recruited position
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: Closed
VN Category (INT / EXT / EOI):External
The recruitment policy of the WTO is to seek to attract and retain staff members offering the highest standards of competence, efficiency and integrity. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the WTO gives full regard to merit and diversity.
The Secretariat of the WTO is seeking to fill an entry-level position of Recruitment Specialist in the Human Resources Division.
This is an External Vacancy Notice open to external candidates and WTO staff. It is posted on the WTO internal as well as external career site. Eligible WTO staff on short-term, fixed-term or regular contracts and interns must apply through the Workday internal career site.
Under the supervision of the Head of Recruitment Service or another Recruitment Officer, the incumbent will carry out the following:
1. Assist with recruitment processes for assigned fixed-term vacancies, including preparation of job descriptions and vacancy notices, screening applications, providing information on current policies, participating in selection panels as the HR representative, etc. Assist in the hiring process for temporary positions to ensure that temporary staff members are recruited according to WTO staff rules and regulations and hiring practices.
2. Undertake research on selection methods and make suggestions on appropriate selection tools, including choice of tests, role plays, case studies, assessment centres and psychometric tests; assist in preparing such role plays, tests and case studies as needed.
3. Assist with codifying, reviewing and analysing current operations as well as researching on recruitment practices in comparable organizations; contribute to making information on recruitment clearer and more accessible to relevant stakeholders, e.g. creating manuals/handbooks for hiring managers, drafting guidelines, improving the information presented in the career section of the official WTO website.
4. Familiarize oneself as an active user of the recruitment module of Workday; develop a thorough understanding of the platform, and contribute to improving user experience.
5. Assist with developing HR statistics and reports to help track the status of recruitment and staffing activities; prepare briefing notes or presentations on request.
6. Assist with creating a recruitment outreach plan and with updating recruitment outreach material. Participate in outreach activities of the WTO as necessary.
7. Keep oneself abreast of the latest trends in recruitment and talent acquisition and make recommendations on ways to apply it in the WTO hiring context.
Advanced university degree in Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Business Administration or a relevant field; or alternatively a basic university degree combined with professional expertise in the recruitment or talent acquisition field, equivalent to an advanced university degree.
CIPD, SHRM or equivalent accreditation valued but not essential.
Knowledge and Skills:
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
Overall knowledge and understanding of HR management.
Knowledge of various recruitment methods and latest trends in HR and talent acquisition.
Analytical skills. Problem solving skills.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Good drafting skills in English.
Familiarity with the Workday Recruiting and/or other comparable software is an advantage.
Curiosity and willingness to try out new things while being sensitive to existing practices/culture.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Tact and discretion and the ability to adhere rigorously to requirements of confidentiality.
Client service-oriented mindset. Ability to take accountability and demonstrate commitment to get work done.
The following interpersonal capabilities are required: ability to communicate information in a clear way and to understand information; ability to face and cope with conflict situations with colleagues; ability to persuade others to a point of view using facts; ability to work as a member of a team, relating to others, while working independently to achieve his/her objectives; ability to initiate and build relationships with a variety of people both inside and outside the organization.
Minimum two years of experience in recruitment, talent acquisition or a relevant field. Work experience in international organizations will be considered an asset.
Excellent speaking and writing skills in English (at a level corresponding or equivalent to a minimum of C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)) and a working knowledge of French (minimum B2 level). Knowledge of Spanish would be a distinct advantage.
Only applications from nationals of WTO Members will be accepted.
The recruitment process will be undertaken as per Administrative Memorandum No. 976 (OFFICE(16)/15) on Staff Promotions and external recruitment through Vacancy Notices.
For non-entry level positions, the position may be offered at a lower grade if the selected candidate does not fully meet all the required qualifications.
The initial fixed-term contract shall be two years, which shall be probationary, as per Administrative Memorandum No. 997 (OFFICE(23)/4) on Probation Policy.
The WTO may use various communication technologies such as video or teleconference for the assessment and evaluation of candidates. The recruitment process may also involve the use of various forms of testing, assessment centres, interviews and reference checks.
Applicants may be required to sit a written examination.
Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.
Candidates not selected whose performance in the selection process nevertheless shows them to be suitable for a similar position may be kept on a roster for up to 24 months, and may subsequently be called upon as and when the need arises for additional resources.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the closing date – Geneva (Switzerland) time – stated in the vacancy announcement.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The WTO is a non-smoking environment.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: