Technology Transfer Programme Specialist – Re-advertised (International Position)
The OSC: The Organisation of Southern Cooperation (OSC) is an international intergovernmental organisation, founded in January 2020 by countries from across the Global South, to “contribute to the equitable, just, and prosperous social transformation of societies by promoting balanced and inclusive education, in order to attain the fundamental rights to liberty, justice, dignity, sustainability, social cohesion, and material and immaterial security for the peoples of the world”.
The main functions of the Department of Technological Innovation and Digitalisation Enhancement (TIDE) are to:
- Develop advanced, open-source, customisable software and digital platforms for Member States that support access to knowledge, the production of learning resources, and more efficient governance;
- Building institutional capacities in technology use and development;
- Reinforce the digital infrastructure of Member States; and
- Support the development of endogenous technologies.
Under the overall authority of the Secretary-General, the guidance of the Under-Secretary-General for TIDE, and the direct supervision of the Chief of Section – Endogenous Technology and Digital Infrastructure, the Technology Transfer Programme Specialist will identify, develop and manage external partnerships, in particular those focused on the promotion of endogenous technologies, and develop strategies and guidelines for the effective transfer of technologies. This position provides the unique opportunity of joining the core team of a new international organisation, contributing to its lasting construction and influencing its future trajectory.
- Identify, develop, and maintain partnerships conducive to the sustainable bridging of the techno-digital divide, with a particular focus on open-source and decentralised solutions reinforcing capacities for the posterior development of the endogenous technologies;
- Identify and map major and common technology needs of Member States, with a view to develop dynamic strategies and innovative proposals for the acquisition and transfer of the corresponding technologies;
- Identify key endogenous technology companies within Member States and, more generally, within the Global South, with a view to facilitate and amplify South-South technology partnerships and transfers;
- Develop dynamic strategies and contextualised guidelines for the efficient and effective transfer of technologies;
- Support the reinforcement of the constituent-service delivery of Member States by developing technology deployment strategies and sharing best practices;
- Oversee the preparation of comparative and critical studies with a view to identify contextualised best practices in South-South, South-North, and public-private technology transfers and other relevant reports;
- Support Member States in the articulation of their negotiation positions with external technology partners in terms of gradual technology transfer and capacity-building;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Strong proven experience of liaising with stakeholders (i.e., technology companies, government officials, non-governmental organisations);
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and cross-cultural communication skills with a proven track record;
- Excellent networking skills;
- Strong proven experience in developing training modules, guidelines, and policy papers;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong methodical and strategic thinking skills and ability to develop long-term strategies;
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment and deal with cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Ability to withstand and work effectively within stressful situations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in technology, international development, international relations, or other related field;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience in technology partnerships, technology transfers, or other related fields.
Candidate must at least be fluent in English. Additional knowledge of one or more other official languages (French, Arabic, Spanish) is an asset.
Send your Resume and Cover Letter to:
- Subject: Job Title
This position is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and open to international applicants. (Applications South America and Asia Pacific highly encouraged).
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: