Supply Chain Manager
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Kisumu
- Grade: Mid level - Mid level
- Supply Chain
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: Closed
USAID Western Kenya Sanitation Project (USAID WKSP)
Based in Kisumu, Kenya and supporting project activities in the 8 target counties
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare. Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks an energetic Supply Chain Manager to strengthen the supply chains that improve the delivery of market-based sanitation products and services by growing existing high-potential private enterprises operating in Western Kenya. The Managershould have experience identifying the barriers and opportunities in the sanitation supply chains and providing recommendations to potentially strengthen the commercialization and supply of sanitation and Menstrual hygiene products and services to low-income consumers, including guidance on distribution, production, and sales.
The Manager will support the USAID Funded Western Kenya Sanitation Project (USAID WKSP) activity which is a five (5) year project being implemented in Busia, Bungoma, Homa Bay, Kakamega, Kisii, Kisumu, Migori, and Siaya counties. The overall goal of the project is to develop a financially sustainable, transformative, replicable, and locally owned sanitation marketplace in the target counties of Western Kenya. The objectives to achieve this goal are
(1) increased access to and uptake of market-based improved sanitation and fecal sludge management (FSM) products and services; and
(2) increased access to and uptake of market-based improved MHM products and services at the household level. PSI has been measurably improving the health of Kenyans since 1989. Its approach harnesses the vitality of the private sector to improve health outcomes for clients. It addresses the most serious health challenges affecting resource-poor and vulnerable communities in Kenya, including HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, non-communicable diseases, and the greatest threats to children under 5, including malaria, diarrhea, pneumonia, and malnutrition. Sound like you? Read on. Your contribution.
The Supply Chain Manager will plan, manage, and provide technical and operational oversight of supply chain activities - including engaging partners, sanitation and MHM enterprises and work with private sector actors to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of sanitation and MHM goods to Western Region. The Supply Chain Manager’s knowledge and experience will allow them to work closely with the private sector actors to anticipate and manage supply chain needs and challenges and introduce improvement solutions, using the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability. He/she will also be responsible for providing business skills development to selected enterprises with support from the Business Development Team.
The Manager will futher contribute to developing metrics and establish a monitoring and evaluation framework for tracking project progress, specifically tracking supply chain development among private sector partners and enterprises in Western Kenya. They will oversee market landscaping throughout the project to identify barriers and opportunities in the existing sanitation supply chain and provide recommendations that could strengthen the supply of market-based sanitation products and services to low-income consumers, including guidance on commercialization, distribution, production, and sales. The Manager engages with relevant government/local partners to effectively foster coordination and partnerships with private sector manufacturing and distribution partners/stakeholders and ensure the institutionalization of capacity development for supply chain actors.
The Supply Chain Manager has a passion for partnership development, knowledge sharing, capacity building, and a positive and action-oriented attitude.
What are we looking for?
• Master’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, Economics or Finance or a related field with six (6) years of demonstrated experience of which four (4) are at the managerial level;
Or • Bachelor’s degree Management, Business Administration, Economics or Finance or a related field with eight (8) years of demonstrated experience of which four (4) are at the managerial level
• Demonstrated experience in relevant areas such as private sector engagement, delivery of water and sanitation services, supply chain strengthening, social entrepreneurship
• Experience bringing new products and services to market, including experience with usercentered design, R&D, financial modeling, and commercialization
• Experience with suppliers and purchasing in the sanitation, hardware, or construction industry
• Experience in developing and selling consumer sanitation products or durable goods products highly desirable;
• Creative thinker who understands consumer needs and can find unique ways to develop existing/new products;
• Experience with business development services and capacity development with actors that provide those services.
• Demonstrates managerial courage to resolve conflicts and has excellent diplomatic, oral/written skills and presentation abilities;
• Fluent in English (spoken and written);
• References will be required.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae by 5th April 2023 to email@example.com; Subject**: Supply Chain Manager**
Applications are currently accepted on a rolling basis. PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: