- Organization: LMH - Last Mile Health
- Grade: Junior level - Entry Level
- Technology, Electronics and Mechanics
- Closing Date:
This role was posted on March 29, 2023. Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those received within the first two weeks of posting.
As of March 1, 2022, Last Mile Health is requiring staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 wherever legally allowable and adhere to COVID-19 vaccination requirements to perform core work activities in all locations. To learn more, review ourpolicy.
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we make bold commitments that inspire innovation. Are you a skilled Motorcycle Mechanic looking to build your career in improving Mechanic services in Liberia? If so, you may be our next Motorcycle Mechanic in Buchanan, Grand Bassa County, Liberia.
The Motorcycle Mechanic is ensuring that LMH’s motorcycles in Grand Bassa County remain operational and able to support successful implementation of our programs. To this end, the motorcycle mechanic will conduct regular maintenance of all LMH motorcycles, recommending additional servicing and conducting major and minor repairs as necessary. This staff is supervised by the Logistics Officer based in the county.
This position is only open to Liberian National Candidates currently located in Liberia.
Location: Grand Bassa County.
What You’ll Do
- At the office and in the field, conduct all major servicing of Last Mile Health bikes, including but not limited to routine oil and filter changes, repairs, and replacement of parts; ensure a full cleaning and service check after any motorbike use; performing this task without interrupting operations this occasionally entails working early in the morning, late in the evening, or on weekends, and effectively recording work.
- Provide prompt guidance to the Operation Manager and Logistics Officer on service and supply needs for motorbikes.
- Provide training for field staff in conducting basic servicing procedures of motorbikes.
- Assist, when necessary, with operations-related challenges at other sites, including support for setting up new program sites.
- Perform other tasks as required by the situation or supervisor.
What You’ll Bring
- High school education, Mechanical Diploma/ Certificate, or 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Knowledge on Vehicle repair and maintenance is an added advantage.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time in a time-sensitive manner.
You’ll Impress Us If
- Previous experience employed as a Mechanic.
- Experience for NGO/INGO in remote places
- Literacy, numeracy, and computer skills (including Excel and Word)
At Last Mile Health, we strive to reward our employees equitably and transparently. This means that we pay our employees based on a clear and consistent methodology and without regard to identity or personal relationships. We have made this model fully transparent, so that everyone has access to all information related to compensation. We hope this helps you better understand Last Mile Health’s values and commitments to our employees. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
Before applying to this role, please take a moment to learn more about our approach to compensation and how compensation works in each of the countries where we operate. Please find the link to our compensation model and benefits overview below:
OVERVIEW OF LAST MILE HEALTH’S COMPENSATION MODEL
Compensation for this position:
The Band for this position: LBR 1
ForLiberiathe range is: $4,909 - $8,181 depending upon experience doing an equivalent role.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. For more information, visitwww.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status