Donor Care Assistant (MVD)
Beijing | Hong Kong
- Organization: UNHCR - United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Beijing | Hong Kong
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Administrative support
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date:
Hardship Level (not applicable for home-based)U (unclassified)
Family Type (not applicable for home-based)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Target Start Date
April 15, 2023
Job Posting End Date
1. General Background
Terms of Reference
(Brief description of the national, sector-specific or other relevant context in which the individual contractor will operate)
Middle-value donor (MVD) team in PSP Hong Kong was established in 2016 and has continued to grow and feed the pipeline to major donor pool while generating a stable source of income. According to the PSP Global Strategy 2018 – 2022 plans, Donor Experience & Development will be one of the key strategic initiatives. It is an important element in PSP as existing donors bring in most of our income and it is much cheaper to retain a donor than acquire new donor. Increasing the satisfaction of our donors is central to our strategy and to inspire their loyalty is key to growing their support.
Donor Care Team of PSP Hong Kong would therefore like to ensure that middle donors are developed and retained in a way that maximises donors’ lifetime value and loyalty to UNHCR Hong Kong. This new position will add to the capacity of MVD program as part of its current transformation into a relational fundraising approach - a proven MVD best practice in markets like MENA, to provide middle donor a timely, personalised donor-centric experience and engaging communications. This role also supports key fundraising initiatives including special appeals, telemarketing to help achieve annual income target.
This position is a UNOPS position with a contract which is renewable each calendar year.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
(Concise and detailed description of activities, tasks and responsibilities to be undertaken, including expected travel, if applicable)
The LICA 4 Donor Care Assistant (MVD) is part of the Donor Care team in Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Unit in Sub-Office Hong Kong.
Under the functional guidance of Senior Donor Care Assistant (MVD), this incumbent will support the work of middle donor retention and development through a relational approach and work closely with Individual Giving (IG) and Private Partnerships & Philanthropy (PPH) teams for file movement, progressively pipeline donor growth to PPH level. The areas of expertise required are relationship management and donor communications.
- Provide front-line customer service for middle donors, through the phone, email and mail in relation to donation transaction issues and donor inquiries/complaints, and assist donors with tax receipt requests;
- Assist in procurements related to MVD activities including preparation of RFQs or RFPs, receipts of quotations, bids or proposals in compliance with the procurement standards and rules;
- Assist in liaising, monitoring and reviewing of outsourced vendor services performance such as copywriting, creative design, telemarketing, printing and letter shopping services etc;
- Support UNHCR’s donor care and fundraising events; track and report on events, attend events when possible and assist with planning;
- Participate in annual campaign goals
B. Donor Retention and Development
- Assist in building relationship with middle donors, IG prospects and potential major donors through one-to-one telecommunication and email to ensure KPIs are met, including but not limited to raise fund for fundraising appeals, emergencies, newsletter, crowdfunding;
- Support producing online and offline communication to donors to enhance donor loyalty;
- Produce reports and analysis to enhance programme performance, donor retention and understand donor demographics, preference and behaviour;
- Execute data entry needed by outbound and inbound campaigns.
- Update UNHCR fundraising database with donors’ data, gifts data, fundraising campaigns data when
- Support fulfilment operations for specific campaigns;
- Assist in processing one-off donation transactions;
- Support donor reactivation, upgrade, conversion and retention campaigns through telemarketing;
- Provide personalized treatment to donors, including but not limited to welcome and appreciation calls, impact reporting, engagement activities, sharing UNHCR work updates and refugee situation;
- Assist in stewarding and managing the assigned donor portfolio to ensure proper file movement and optimize donor potentials;
- Assist in preparing screening report for due diligence purpose;
C. Perform other duties as required
Standard Job Description
EducationHigh School: Marketing (Required)
Other informationThis position doesn't require a functional clearance