- Organization: myAgro
- Location: Thies
- Grade: Administrative support - Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education
- Administrative support
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date:
Title: Communications Associate
Location: Thies, Senegal
Reports to: Senior Associate Internal Communications
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 - providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
About the Role:
The Communications Associate will work within the Communications/Development Team to support impactful communications campaigns and collateral materials that strengthen myAgro’s impact and reputation with partners and farmers. The Communications Associate will maintain inventory of promotional materials, documents, reports, and other project publications. The Communications Associate will also support the Global Communications Manager, Development staff and other positions with myAgro work and events.
- Help gather impact stories for updates and communications.
- Connect with country staff for content for project communications material, including success stories, brochures, one-pagers, and other publications, as well as facilitate their distribution.
- Assist virtual event planning and execution.
- Assist in editing and formatting publications.
- Support social media writing and editing.
- Upload content onto myAgro website and ensure content is up-to-date and relevant to staff and partner needs.
- Responsible for departmental administration, and other related tasks as assigned by the Global Communications Manager, Chief Development Officer and the Development staff.
- Carryout other tasks as assigned by Supervisors.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or another related field required.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience in communications or related fields.
- Experience supporting marketing and public relations teams.
- Experience interviewing individuals (especially individuals and communities within unrepresented and vulnerable populations.)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a multi‐country setting.
- Experience with photography.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word and PowerPoint) as well as Squarespace, WordPress, Blackbaud and any other digital content management platform experience.
- Proficiency with Adobe creative suite programs.
- Experience with video and graphics production.
- West Africa regional work experience an advantage.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Retirement plan contributions
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.