China Executive Director (m/f/d)
As the world’s most trusted sustainable forest management solution, FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
Products carrying the FSC label are independently certified to assure consumers that they come from forests that are managed to meet the social, economic and ecological needs of present and future generations.
FSC certification started in China in 1998 and since 2006 has grown rapidly with over 17,000 Chain of Custody certificates and 1.2 million Ha of certified forest. More information is available at cn.fsc.org
Mission Statement / Objectives of the Function
The FSC China Executive Director leads FSC’s efforts to ensure the successful pursuit of FSC’s strategic goals in China. This is a crucial leadership role that requires a combination of soft and hard skills and an ability to act as a bridge between various teams and cultures in the wider organization.
The FSC China Executive Director represents FSC across all relevant stakeholders important our mission, from the public, private and NGO sectors. The Director drives the future direction of FSC in China and is able to articulate the vision with confidence and clarity. The FSC China Executive Director also ensures the China program is well resourced with adequate human and financial capacities.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To set the mid-longer-term direction for FSC in China, under the guidance of the Regional Direc-tor and sync with the strategic objectives of FSC Asia-Pacific.
- To lead the development and implementation of the identified priorities and objectives for China.
- To work effectively with key FSCI leaders to assure effective engagement, amongst others through the FSC China Steering Committee.
- To drive forward the FSC China Advisory Committee to receive external guidance and input on the strategic direction of FSC in China.
- To promote FSC with key representatives of government, non-government organizations and leading business partners.
- To guide and support the FSC China team in strategic alignment and key partnership building to leverage our impact.
- To lead resource mobilization in coordination with FSC China, regional and international teams in order to capacitate the development of the FSC Program in China.
- Any other activity as agreed with FSC Asia Pacific Regional Director.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- University degree in a relevant field, e.g. forestry, biology, natural resource management, or business management, etc.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 2-3 More than 15 years of professional experience and demonstrated track record in the coordination of international networks, advocacy and organizational change management.
- Good background knowledge of the forestry and forest products sector or standard setting a valuable plus.
- Demonstrated executive-level experience and leadership in strategic decision making and institutional development.
- Strong team building skills with the ability to set and communicate vision and strategies, build consensus and operate with cultural sensitivities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders in country and internationally, and as a member of the wider multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary, multi-lingual, FSC global team.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, shift focus quickly and synthesize and harmonize apparent contradictions in organizational, managerial, and technical demands.
Communication Skills: Exceptional Skills in terms of:
- Clear and convincing communication in teams and in writing.
- Active-listening skills.
- Ability to facilitate interactive discussions and maintaining positive interpersonal relations.
- Fluency in both Chinese and English (spoken and written).
- Good skills in the use of MS Office.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Beijing, China.
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week.
- Duration of Employment: 2 years (extension possible).
- Travel: frequent domestic and international travels will be required.
- Salary: commensurate with experiences.
- Start date: as soon as possible
How to Apply
- Please send your CV, expected pay, and an expression of interest to email@example.com by 09 June 2023.
Please cite FSC China Executive Director in the subject line of your email.
- Please do not send photos.
- Please consult cn.fsc.org or www.fsc.org for further information on FSC.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process.
For FSC, inclusiveness and diversity are important values. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and are entirely committed to consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age and disability.
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: