- Organization: ICRISAT - The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics
- Location: Lilongwe
- Grade: Level not specified - Level not specified
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Closing Date:
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Support the seed system specialists and other scientists in engaging seed producers in developing sustainable seed networks and markets; collation of certified Seed Production.
- Assist in developing and improving capacity of seed sector partners through training and other related capacity building initiatives where necessary
- Provide technical support to NGOs, private seed companies in the production of pre-basic and basic seed production.
- Support establishment and monitor variety demonstrations/field days established in the respective countries
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports related to the project activities.
- Assist in organizing meetings (Technical and Partner meetings), training (staff, partners, farmers), workshops (Seed Marketing, Annual Review and Planning) as needed)
- Provide support to other CIMMYT project activities being implemented in the respective country
- Provide support in organizing and conducting training and capacity building activities in the respective geolocations
- Perform any other tasks and assignments related to the projects as required by the supervisor.
Applicants should apply on or before 19 May 2023, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.