GMS Technical Account Manager (for Eastern Europe and Asia)
Vacancy Announcement No: UPU/23/P2/FT-NC/404
Title: GMS Technical Account Manager (for Eastern Europe and Asia)
Type of contract: Fixed-term (Non-Core) Appointment
Duration: 12 Months
2 May 2023
Application Deadline: 11 June 2023
(40 day(s) until closing deadline)
Currently accepting applications
Organizational Unit: Postal Operations Directorate (DOP )
Duty Station: Bern Switzerland
Scheduled date for taking up appointment: 1 August 2023
With its 192 member countries, the Universal Postal Union (UPU), a specialized agency of the United Nations, is the primary forum for cooperation between postal sector players. It helps to ensure a truly universal network of up-to-date products and services.
Provides technical supports to the program manager in regards to activities carried out for countries in Eastern Europe and Asia, including first level liaison with external customers; sets up of implementation plans for deployment of services and support services in the field of data analysis.
1. Collection and use of information
- Designs, sends and collects questionnaires related to the volume of letter traffic of the postal designated operators
- Verifies and validates data and statistical parameters for the measurements
- Collects information from the measurement systems and identifies potential operational problems
- Performs in-depth analysis of a wide range of raw data
- Sets up of implementation plans for deployment of services in countries/customers located in Eastern Europe and Asia
- Ensures first-level communication with existing and potential customers located in Eastern Europe and Asia, following defined service level agreements
- Provides required inputs for QSF project and respective reports
3. Support services
- Provides support services in the field of data analytics, including IT systems configuration, training and data analysis for customers located in in Eastern Europe and Asia.
- Carries out regular reviews of quality performance jointly with customers, aiming at identifying potential operational issues and proving recommendations to address such issues.
- Participates in Preparation, formatting and publication of measurement results.
4. IT Development
- Takes part in development of IT tools involving customers.
- Participates in the elaboration of business requirements for development of IT tools
- Carries out user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Takes care end users by means of training and support on-site and remotely
- Provides standard training and materials to end users of commonly used systems
- Maintains training content and materials
Performs any other duties as required or as advised by supervisor
|QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED|
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business administration, management, economics, computer sciences, statistics or other fields with focus on quantitative methods
At least two years' experience in formulating and managing data analytics projects. Some experience working in the UN system or postal sector would be an asset.
1. Knowledge and experience in quality of service measurements based on statistical sampling, preferably in the postal sector
2. Knowledge of quantitative methods and experience in data analysis, preferably in postal sector
3. services to international customers in the field of data analytics, preferably in postal sector
4. Experience in data analytics software development as end user, particularly in definition of business requirements and users acceptance testing (AUT)
Skills and abilities / competencies:
1. Ability to identify and resolve data discrepancies and operational problems.
2. Ability to travel abroad.
3. Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
4. Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals
5. Confidentiality and discernment of sensitive data
Proficiency in English is required. Working knowledge of Russian would be an asset.
This is a non-core post. This position will be in full compliance with the "Rules governing non-core staff", which expressly exclude some international benefits (home leave, installation grant, education grant and eligibility to a continuing appointment).
The selected staff will participate in the UPU Provident Scheme and will be insured together with their recognized dependents against the risks of sickness and accidents.
This is a one year contract which can be renewed if the services continue to be required in the future, the funds are available and/or the staff member's performance is satisfactory. However, this appointment does not automatically carry any expectancy of extension or renewal or of conversion to any other type of appointment.
French is the official language of the UPU. English and French are the working languages of the UPU International Bureau.
Priority shall be given for an internal promotion.
The UPU is committed to encouraging diversity within its workforce. Interested candidates from minority groups and/or with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated equally and in the strictest confidence.
Candidates might be considered for other similar posts (for a period not exceeding one year).
Candidates must ensure that they provide relevant contact details so that they can be contacted at any time, to prevent them from being excluded from the selection process.
The UPU is committed to securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity for its staff members. In this regard, candidates under serious consideration for selection may be subject to satisfactory background checks aimed at validating the educational and professional background records as indicated by candidates in their respective application forms.
(Net of tax)
|Post adjustment: 81.6 % of the above figure(s). This percentage is to be considered as indicative since variations may occur each month either upwards or downwards due to currency exchange rate fluctuations or inflation.|
|The conditions of service are governed by the Staff Regulations and Rules of the International Bureau of the Universal Postal Union.|
|Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form.
All applications must be received by the closing date as stated in the vacancy announcement.
All applicants employed by postal entities and applying for a vacant position in the Professional (P) or Senior (D) category must be recommended and submitted through the competent postal authority.
Applications not satisfying this criterion may not be considered.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
|Applications from women and member states are particularly encouraged.
The UPU promotes diversity and work-life balance.
|For further instructions regarding the online application process, please visit the UPU internet page at:|
|Currently accepting applications|
The UPU has a smoke-free environment
This vacancy is now closed.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you:
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: