Pacific Regional Communications and Knowledge Sharing Associate
Pacific Regional Communications and Knowledge Sharing Associate
The Communications and Knowledge Sharing Regional Associate will support GGGI's Regional Office and implementation of the Pacific Regional Strategy 2023-2027, and will be based in GGGI's Pacific regional office in Suva, Fiji. Under the guidance of the Regional Director, he/she will be responsible for handling Program's communications activities by supporting the development of communication strategies and plans for the Program and projects, including contents development, media engagement, communication, knowledge sharing, advocacy, and outreach activities in an inclusive and environmentally sustainable manner.
The Regional Associate will also manage day-to-day tasks, including social media content development, public relations, and project communications activities, and support for meetings preparation, onsite events, and other pertinent tasks.
- Support development, implementation, and monitoring of communications strategies, for the entire GGGI regional portfolio and specific projects.
- Communicate project results by developing project factsheets, messages, and visualization.
- Following GGGI global guidelines, coordinate and manage regional publications, including Proofread, designing, and assisting in publishing GGGI reports and disseminating these.
- Manage the alignment with GGGI’s and donor's communication guidelines, and ensure visual identity aligns with GGGI’s identity and message.
- Review, edit, and copy-edit GGGI knowledge products, including reports and training materials.
- Assess the quality-of-service delivery, anticipate challenges, and provide remedial solutions to ensure service continuity.
- Stay abreast of research and news relevant to GGGI areas of work and synthesize key messages for GGGI colleagues and critical audiences.
- Coordination and support of corporate and national level outreach and campaigns, harnessing different media to promote the GGGI Regional Program
- Create infographics and other visual content for online and print.
- Manage the design, editing, printing, and project management for program publications.
- Research, adapt, and manage the Regional Program’s communications products to ensure increased reach of the GGGI brand.
- Support in branding and event organization at the country level, and regional level to connect and showcase GGGI’s priorities, programs, capacities, and impact.
- Working closely with Regional program staff and supporting the engagement of the partner govt ministries/agencies to ensure all materials, including jointly branded ones, are complied with our communications guidelines.
- Coordinate with GGGI HQ Communications and knowledge sharing unit and other Event teams and facilitate the country's outreach and communications and knowledge sharing activities.
- Working closely with other team members to support the development of project communications outputs as appropriate.
- Support the country team on opportunity to improve outreach and promote program awareness.
- Collaborates with other units and divisions of GGGI to ensure integrated delivery as OneGGGI
- Liaises with country teams and project managers in the assigned region to ensure compliance with GGGI processes, monitor project/program delivery progress, and implement risk mitigation measures.
- Coordinate and liaise with external vendors (i.e., printer, designer, and so on) to produce campaigns and marketing packages.
- Build and maintain relationships with service or goods providers.
- Develop Project Factsheet and Knowledge Products, Content Development, Production, Collection, and Dissemination
- Events organizing –Support the successful planning and delivery of events hosted by the Pacific Regional Team during the GGGI’s Global Green Growth Week.
- Develop a communications plan to maximize visibility of the Program and its outputs delivered.
- Draft and publish content on GGGI’s social medial platforms (i.e., Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook)
- Support external communications around GGGI’s events, conferences and workshops and engage with local journalists.
- Maintain and manage program’s creative resources library, which includes photo library, videos, design templates, and content for program page on GGGI website.
- Draft and publish summaries and snippets of key events and outputs as social media posts and for publication as reports.
- Plan and produce innovative marketing and communication collaterals (e.g., infographics, brochures, social media post cards, promotional videos; materials for GGGI booths in exhibitions, online campaigns); prepare a periodic Program newsletter.
- Work with related staff in the Program to assist organization and delivery of an events pipeline of the Program.
- Support engagement of the partner government and stakeholders on outreach and communication issues related to GGGI Pacific Program activities
- Identify and inform the Regional Director ,Country Representatives and project managers on engagement opportunities and effectiveness of outreach and campaigns.
- Support production of briefing packages and communication materials for external liaisons.
- Coordinate and liaise with related external vendors for producing campaigns and marketing materials, as appropriate; manage and direct photographers and videographers for producing desired contents.
- Acquire and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of GGGI’s program work to respond to information requests from staff.
- Observe ongoing reporting of active projects and mapping of communication activities.
- Supports corporate and international gatherings and events which provide opportunities to share lessons learned from GGGI country programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g., communications, journalism, public relations, international development, etc.)
- Preferably 4-6 years of work experience with at least three years in communications and advocacy; 2 years of experience can be considered with a relevant master’s degree.
- Experience in coordinating and delivering high-impact communication materials, preferably in a multilateral setting, is required.
- Hands-on experience in producing communications collateral (using relevant software/tools, etc.) is required.
- Grasp of issues and topics related to green growth, climate change, and sustainable development is highly desirable.
- Experience in a reputable media or journalism entity is a strong plus.
- Good grasp of Pacific context; experience working with government or private sector stakeholders is a plus.
- Experience in external relations and liaison management in an international organization related to green growth and international development is a plus.
- An excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Experience in online operational systems, such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is plus.
GGGI doesn’t discriminate between race, ethnicity, gender, and nationality. To promote diversity and inclusion, qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and networking skills
- Ability to liaise and work fluidly and seamlessly with relevant units and staff
- Highly organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritize
- Dedicated team player, with result-oriented, pro-active, and creative mindset to solve problems.
- Able to perform duties on time and budget.
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team.
- Takes a pro-active approach and work independently with minimum supervision to solve issues arising.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, especially to events that the Program is organizing or participating (occasional)
- Ability and willingness to work in a flexible and agile manner and deliver according to the demand of the Program.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI's mission, vision, and values.\
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect, and partnership.
- Excels at problem-solving, asks questions and seeks support when needed, and shares easily information and knowledge with others both internally as externally.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolve conflict easily.
- Strong ability to work independently and/or remotely while maintaining productivity.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skill
The Associate is an X6 grade level in GGGI's Pacific salary scale. Determination of base salary is subject to candidate's experience, academic background and internal equity. GGGI provides 15% of the base salary to the retirement plan/long-term savings, as well as 27 days of annual leave, and private health insurance that covers dental and vision.
GGGI is committed to providing a work environment that is sufficiently flexible to accommodate diverse life-cycle challenges. GGGI assists staff members to achieve a better balance between work and personal/family commitments, thus ensuring high performance, long-term productivity, and the well-being of staff members.
Based in Seoul, Republic of Korea, GGGI is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization- with 45 Members and over 20 countries and regional integration organization(s) in the process of accession - dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive, and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies. With operations in over 30 countries, GGGI serves the role of an enabler and facilitator of Members’ transition into a low-carbon green economy, providing policy advice and technical support in the development of green growth plans, policies and regulations, mobilization of green investments, implementation of green growth projects, and development of local capacities and knowledge sharing. GGGIs Pacific Regional work includes developing regional program and supporting country offices implementation focusing on delivering results through an integrated approach of evidence-based green growth planning and implementation aligned to countries’ development priorities. The organization also focuses on knowledge development and management activities which build a strong theoretical and empirical basis for green growth, while providing concrete options and guidance for policymakers; as well as building the conditions for public and private green infrastructure investments.
Reporting to the Regional Director, and matrixed managed by the HQ based Head of Communications and Knowledge Sharing, the Regional Associate will support the development and implementation of GGGIs communication and knowledge sharing strategies and plans in the region. She/He/ will promote the GGGI's vision, mission, goals, and results in creative and engaging ways building the visibility of the Pacific Regional Program to a wide range of audiences.
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: