IT Operations Associate (Service Desk), G6
- Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
- Location: Somalia
- Grade: Administrative support - GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: Closed
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Opening date: 4th May 2023 Closing date: 17th May 2023
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Why join WFP Somalia?
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 550 employees who contribute towards making Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
What will you do?
- Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialized network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
- Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyze data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
- Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered, and accurate information is provided to staff.
- Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Provide guidance and training to junior colleagues in the delivery of IT support services to support the capability building of staff.
- Support the co-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
- Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
- Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
- Coordinate a team of IT staff to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Information and Communication Technology supplemented with Server, Networking, Security, and IT Governance certifications (Microsoft and ITIL certifications would be an added advantage)
Knowledge and Experience: Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Are you competent for this job? Do you have
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust data discrepancies. Identify and resolve operational problems with substantial independence. Ability to obtain or give information of a non-routine nature involving interpretation facts and requiring clarity of expression.
- Ability to perform detailed work, frequently of confidential nature and /or to handle large volume of work systematically effectively and accurately.
- Ability to train other staff regarding relevant work responsibilities. Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate assignments to achieve common goals. Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in Somalia
Terms and Conditions
Closing date: 17th May 2023
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: