SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- Organization: UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- Location: Santiago
- Grade: Administrative support - GS-6, General Service - No need for Higher Education - Locally recruited position
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2023-06-09
Post Number : 3CLADM0725RP
Grade : G-6
Parent Sector : Sector For Administration and Management (ADM)
Duty Station: Santiago
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 09-JUN-2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only candidates who are entitled to work in Chile can apply to this position
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director/Head of the Office and the direct supervision of the Finance and Administrative Officer/ Senior Finance and Administrative Assistant, the incumbent provides high-level administrative and support services in a range of specialized areas and plays a lead role within the unit in ensuring application and compliance with the rules, regulations, policies and practices in place.
- Act as certifying officer up to an authorized level delegated by the CFO;
- Provide guidance and interpretation on administrative rules, regulations and procedures;
- Advise on operational and technical routine transactions;
- Recommend process and system related modifications and improvements to support successful administration and financial monitoring and control;
- Interpret provisions and provide guidance on complex and non-recurring issues;
- May supervise activities related to office maintenance, security, transport and similar services.
- Ensure that the Office’s financial resources and expenditures are fully and properly accounted for and that internal control systems are adequate and functioning; schedule payments and disbursement of funds;
- Ensure accurate aneconcile accounts;
- Investigate anomalies and erroneous charges and take corrective action;
- Provide assistance and guidance to undertd timely processing of assigned accounts, developing budget estimates and monitoring expenditures, participating and advising in the preparation of financial statements and budgets;
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of financial activities under RP funds and Voluntary Contributions. Compile and consolidate data from various sources into financial statements, prepare worksheets;
- Monitor expenditures, review payments and rake coding and data entry task and to extract information, to run reports from iRIS, SISTER or other online financial system.
- Prepare RP and Voluntary Contributions budget reports and communicate on them;
- Assist and advise on planning and budgetting and recommend modifications;
- Prepare budget proposals and cost estimates and ensure that data is correct;
- Identify irregularities and undertake transactions to correct errors/omissions.
- Handle non-routine or complex cases, prepare associated documents/correspondence for personnel actions based on oral instructions and previous experience;
- Follow-up on coming HR actions and oversee maintenance, update and clean-up of database;
- Issue non-staff contracts, advise on recruitment process and entitlements;
- Liaise with central services (ADS, HRM, BFM, etc) to discuss and obtain additional information, clarifications and policy interpretation.
- Procurement: research and retrieve information on supply sources, vendors by commodity and obtain specifications on the market.
- Review contractual documents (TOR, budget, contract nature and type);
- Resolve issues/ problems related to delivered goods;
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and equipment; ensure that payments are processed and provide information to the assigned Sector on invoicing and payment issues;
- Arrange for control and distribution of inventory records;
- Security: Ensures compliance of staff with security travel requirements and monitor completion of mandatory security trainings.
Long Description COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial) Accountability (C) Communication (C) Innovation (C) Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C) Planning and organizing (C) Results focus (C) Teamwork (C) Professionalism (C) - For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Completed secondary, technical or vocational school education.
- Minimum of 8 (eight) years of relevant work experience in administration, finance or related area.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Very ood interpersonal and communication skills; strong service orientation and ability to deal efficiently with partners at different levels.
- Ability to analyze, interpret financial data, and monitor budgets.
- Very good organizational and coordination skills, ability to take initiatives, establish priorities and monitor own work plans.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and provide efficient, quality and timely support and capacity to work efficiently under pressure.
- Sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and database packages.
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of Spanish and very good knowledge of English.
- Postgraduate training/certificate in areas of Admisnitration/Finance.
- Relevant experience in providing programme or administrative support at international level or within the United Nations system or in an international organization/institution.
- Knowledge of French.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.Footer
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.