IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through the FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind. The Programme Management Unit (PMU) of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025) facilitates, coordinates and manages all technical and advisory services to be provided by FAO to the Saudi Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture (MoEWA) and its sister agencies. Within the framework of the UTF Technical Cooperation Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) covering the period 2019-2025 signed on February 13, 2019 between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia represented by MoEWA, and FAO, the UTF projects “UTF/SAU/054/SAU: Enhancing National capacities for Evidence-based Irrigation Management “UTF/SAU/053/SAU: Promoting efficient irrigation and water productivity amongst farmers have been approved by the FAO and Saudi Irrigation Organization (SIO). The Project, developed jointly by SIO and FAO focuses directly on supporting the implementation of the Saudi Irrigation Organization Corporate Strategy, which was developed within the context of the Saudi Vision 2030 and aims at strengthening the capacity of SIO to improve irrigation efficiency. The project is expected to achieve the outcome “Up-to-date irrigation information and knowledge products developed to enhance irrigation management”, and in turn contribute towards achieving the national development goal of improving irrigation efficiency and ensuring sustainable use of water resources in the Kingdom.
An overall plan and budget are developed and approved, including activities and outputs that are expected to be accomplished under its different outputs. Requirements for the international and national technical expertise of specialized professionals, experts and support personal have been identified.
The Driver works under the overall supervision of the Admin Officer and direct supervision of the staff in charge of transportation.
Provide transportation/messenger services to Office Staff. He / she ensures the safety, technical soundness and comfort of the vehicle(s) assigned.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Drive the country office staff and their official visitors on official trips, and drive for the FAO Programme Director and his/her visitors on occasions as necessary;
• Meet staff and official visitors at the airport; facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in, and other local formalities.
• Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation / vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
• Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, water, battery, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; wash and maintain the vehicle(s) in clean conditions.
• Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local / country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
• Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications / items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
• When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
• Perform other related duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• National of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• Secondary school education.
• Possession of valid driver's license.
• Two years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record.
• Working knowledge (level C) of Arabic, and limited knowledge (Level B) of English.
• National of Saudi Arabia
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Team Work
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Technical/ Functional Skills
• Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair.
• A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required.
• Safe driving manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
• Ability to cope with extended working hours.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: