Associate Finance Officer - Treasury, G
Org. Setting and Reporting
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for highly committed personnel wishing to make a change.
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a tangible difference for one of the most vulnerable communities in the world, UNRWA would like to hear from you.
The Associate Finance Officer – Treasury reports to Senior Finance Officer – Treasury Operations.
- Guides and trains the staff under her/his supervision and reviews their performance to ensure that work is performed in compliance with regulations and policies; prepares bank transfer payments for local and international banks in multiple currencies through written requests from Accounts payable in HQs and the fields for both staff and vendors; reviews and submits to supervisor for processing. Bank payments include electronic fund transfers, host to host, checks cash bank letters etc.; maintains banking templates and records for international vendors and international staff payroll in online banking system.
- Acts as a custodian of the respective HQ cash imprest in accordance with the rules and regulations, distributes cash and check payments to beneficiaries, reports on daily basis and reconciles with SAP system on daily basis; assists her/his supervisors in managing relationships with banks including but not limited to being responsible for visiting banks to submit memos, letters, instructions, cash withdrawals and deposits etc. on periodical basis; prepares cash receipts voucher for imprest funds and ensures the cash/checks are deposited in the banks on a regular basis.
- Supports in managing cash position of current accounts and reports to his/her supervisors for funding purposes; assists in providing the field office cash requirement and analyses cash management requirements on a weekly basis; raises transfer vouchers covering movement of funds and checks outstanding items on bank statements.
- Manages the payroll for International staff Agency-wide and Area Staff payroll (ASP), Limited Duration Contract (LDC), Individual Service Provider (ISP) and daily paid for the respective HQ location on receiving the payroll report from Accounts payable including review and submission to banks, and distribution of checks to beneficiaries after encashment from the bank.
- Reviews and manages the recording of contributions from donors, prepares and matches the receipts in SAP based on confirmation from External Relations and Communications Department (ERCD) and Accounts Receivable team, and provides reporting updates to various stakeholders; prepares cash receipts voucher for imprest funds and ensures the cash/checks are deposited in the banks on regular basis; receives donation claims from Accounts Division; reviews for correctness and prepares the draft letter for donor submissions for the supervisor’s review and updates the relevant registers accordingly; maintains documents electronically and physical copies, and prepares adhoc reports.
- Reviews bank reconciliation with the Accounts Division staff to ensure that bank balances recorded on the daily cash position report reflect the Agency's true liquidity position and prepares vouchers to adjust for the differences which includes interests and charges; downloads bank statements and sends it to Accounts Division on monthly basis for all HQ banks accounts involving all currencies.
- Manages responses to staff members, suppliers and contractors’ queries regarding their claims, invoices, entitlements, and outstanding balances, and monitors queries sent by international banks for compliance matters in consultation with supervisor; reviews and ensures effective controls and compliance with regulations and policies with respect to cash management.
- Serves as Bid Bond custodian, including being responsible for collection of Bid Bonds received from vendors, including Bank Guarantees; maintains registry of incoming and outgoing Bid Bonds; tracks expiry dates and alerts relevant stakeholders before expiry dates; receives instructions for closure of Bid Bonds, including Guarantees, and takes actions on refund of deposits or closure of Bid Bonds as necessary.
UN Core Values of Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity, and Core Competencies of Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results apply by default
- Relating and Networking
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Coping with Pressure and Setbacks
- Other Competencies not listed under Functional and Leadership:
Ability to use computer and work on various Microsoft Excel, word and Access.
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews: https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=AYI
A university degree from an accredited educational institution in accountancy, finance, business administration or related discipline.
A minimum of four years’ experience in finance department of a governmental, international or large commercial organization with an emphasis on cash management and disbursements, online banking, and experience in currency conversion and multicurrency disbursements and receipts. Experience in banking and e banking systems are required.
A university degree from an accredited educational institution in accountancy, finance, business administration or related discipline is required.
One year of experience in a supervisory capacity is desirable.
Are you currently residing in Duty station. Please specify your current location. It is required
Very good command of spoken and written English and ArabicAssessment
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.Special Notice
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Appointment
Duration of Contract: 3 years including 1 year probation period, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need.
Grade and Salary, Grade 14 Monthly basic salary JD 919.80.
Other benefits: Other benefits include monthly Provident Fund contribution (15.2% of basic salary paid by the Agency), compulsory medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, and dependency allowance (if applicable).
Possession of a valid driving license.
This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. Only candidates residing in Jordan, and within commuting distance of the duty station with authorization to work in the duty station at the time of application are eligible to apply. The Agency will not assume responsibility or accountability to support or facilitate the issuance of work permit in Jordan, and without a valid work permit, the appointment may be rescinded.
Preference will be given to registered Palestine refugees and candidates assisting the Agency to meet its commitment to gender parity. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
A roster may be created from the selection exercise, and successful candidates may become eligible for appointment to the same post or a similar post.
Only applications that have been fully completed in UNRWA’s online e-recruitment system inspira will be considered and no late applications will be accepted. The PHP should be completed with full relevant work experience under the experience tabs as per the requirements in the Job Opening. All acquired university degrees must also be stated, if applicable. Applicants applying to positions for Grades 12 to 20 or LDC Bands E to H must submit a cover letter/motivational statement in order to be considered. Additionally, providing incorrect or misleading information on an application will result in the immediate disqualification of a candidate.
For UNRWA internal staff, they are required to specify and include their current UNRWA grade level. To do so applicants should select under “Category” RLG, scroll down to see all categories, then select their local grade.
Equivalency may apply for this post.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
Advertisements published only in English will only accept applications in English, and Arabic submissions will not be considered.
The Agency may disqualify applicants whose name appears on the UN Sanctions List or a UN database of staff separated for reason of misconduct or of staff who separated whilst misconduct processes were pending.
UNRWA shares investigation and misconduct information with other UN Agencies, and past and prospective employers, about staff members who have been separated for misconduct, or who have separated whilst an investigation and/or disciplinary process for misconduct is underway; and such persons may be prohibited from employment with the United Nations.
The Agency will immediately disqualify applicants who are ineligible for any reason in accordance with the Agency regulatory framework.
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. The mission of UNRWA is to help Palestine refugees achieve their full potential in human development under the difficult circumstances in which they live.
For more details on UNRWA, please visit: https://www.unrwa.org/
United Nations Considerations
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Commissioner-General of UNRWA and to assignment by him or her.
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified applicants from under-represented groups.
At UNRWA, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. UNRWA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
UNRWA staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of efficiency, competence, neutrality, impartiality and integrity. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. Candidates will not be considered for employment with UNRWA if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment. The Agency may disqualify applicants who have separated for reason of misconduct, who left a UN Agency while misconduct processes were pending, or who appear on the UN Sanctions List.
UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: