Data Analyst/Report Developer (GHSA)
Data Analyst/Report Developer (GHSA)
- Job ID
- International Positions
- Employment Status
Through funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Jhpiego is implementing the project, ‘Enhancing Global Health Security: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health Globally’. This award builds on ongoing CDC funded investments to support the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) through implementation of programs focused on protecting and improving health globally. Through this grant, Jhpiego will support Uganda to strengthen surveillance data managing creating a centralized data warehousing, analysis and visualization at designate national and sub-national levels, develop policies, procedures and relevant MoUs for surveillance systems integration, and implement targeted capacity building to data end-users on how to think about data.
At the end of the project life, CDC and MOH expect centrally available timely data for public health action, improved data access and exchange between systems across the country and a resilient data-intelligent workforce.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting data to provide insights and recommendations to stakeholders. The Data Analyst will conduct routine Explanatory Data Analysis with descriptive statistics of underlying datasets to highlight key trends in applicable data. He/she will be responsible for routinely examining data to identify outliers and use statical methods to provide potential explanations. He/she will explore potential applications of advanced analytics including forecasting, predictive analytics, and AI/ML approaches.
This is a contract position and is renewable annually based on availability of funding and scope of work.
- Work closely with business analysts and other stakeholders to define data requirements.
- Lead the development and design of interactive and static reports using Jasper Reports
- Analyze routine monitoring and assessment data to identify trends in key indicators.
- Routinely perform exploratory data analysis, descriptive statistics, and outlier analysis to identify general trends and data quality concerns.
- Explore the use of advanced analytic approaches in Python, R, or a similar programming language.
- Generate information and insights from data sets and identify trends and patterns, preparing reports.
- Analyze large data sets using statistical analysis and data mining techniques to identify patterns and trends.
- Develop data-driven insights and recommendations to improve project operations and drive growth.
- Create and maintain data dashboards and reports to communicate findings to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for data-driven improvements.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed to support project initiatives.
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity by monitoring data quality and identifying data anomalies or errors.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in data analysis and visualization.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, Statistics computer science, or a related field
- Masters’ degree in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics & Mathematics is an added advantage
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, and statistical analysis tools such as R or Python
- Proficiency in dashboard development and data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI.
- Relevant certificates in statistical programming software
Expereince and Skills:
- Knowledge of technically sound approaches to statistical analysis
- Experience in building data cleaning, processing, and analysis pipelines
- Experience in supporting diverse teams of non-technical people in use of data systems.
- Experience in working in a Linux environment.
- Experience with machine learning or predictive analytics
- Familiarity with data warehousing and data architecture principles
- Experience working with big data technologies such as Hadoop or Spark
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis or a related field
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with JasperReports strongly preferred.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jhpiego.org/careers
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.