- Job ID
- US Based Positions
- Employment Status
The Network Analyst is responsible for the monitoring, analysis, and reporting of the network infrastructure at Jhpiego offices; working with network teams to deploy system updates; and making recommendations for improvement of IT services, as required.
The Network Analyst is responsible for monitoring of Jhpiego’s enterprise network systems, ensuring service availability. The Network Analyst monitors all aspects of the network infrastructure, responds to issues and escalates to Sr. Engineers, and works with the Global IT team on infrastructure maintenance, upgrades, and implementations across Jhpiego offices. The Network Analyst is a member of Jhpiego’s Global IT team, and follows direction from the Sr. Director of IT.
The nature of this work requires an individual who is service-oriented, organized, collaborative, and who can interact with diverse end-users and technical staff, prioritize tasks, and resolve technical issues.
Security, Compliance & Disaster Recovery
- Ensures network security by following security standards in technology infrastructure maintenance, upgrades, and implementations.
- Works with Sr. Network Security Engineer to respond to network/system security incidents, coordinating activities with IT teams and vendors.
- Works with Sr. Network Security Engineer on Disaster Recovery activities to meet the needs of Jhpiego enterprise business operations
- Participates in change management process for changes in software and hardware
- Follows Jhpiego IT Service Management processes
- Monitors systems to ensure performance of Jhpiego systems
- Monitors and runs network diagnostics to ensure that the network is running smoothly
- Works with the network team on cloud-based initiatives
- Manages and analyzes network systems configurations
- Maintains network equipment including all switches, wireless access points, and firewalls
- Maintains network devices including printers and All-in-One Copiers
- Maintains and regularly tests power backup systems (e.g., generators, UPSs, battery arrays)
- Assists with system maintenance
Incident & Change Management
- Responds to infrastructure incidents, escalating to Sr. Engineers as needed
- Manages, and monitors Intune to deploy applications to user laptops
- Monitors email quarantine
- Monitors system changes and triage incidents to resolution
- Follows the Incident and Change Management processes
- Works with vendors to obtain quotes for network infrastructure systems and services
- Evaluates and selects vendors for network infrastructure systems and services, as necessary
- Follows Jhpiego Procurement Policy and Procedures
Collaboration & Knowledge Sharing
- Works with Global IT teams to ensure network infrastructure meets standards across Jhpiego offices
- Shares knowledge on Jhpiego’s infrastructure processes and procedures with Global IT teams
- Collaborates with IT staff on infrastructure solutions
- BA or BS in Computer Science with 4 years experience in information technology with an emphasis on network security
- Strong knowledge of both high- and low-level network architecture, protocols, devices, and operating systems
- Experience in virtualization technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud
- Experience in firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols
- Experience in subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP, and other network routing methods
- Experience in Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Experience in Network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols, etc.)
- Experience with some or all of the following: switched Ethernet, LAN switches (Cisco, Extreme Networks), Wireless Controllers(Cloud,on-prem) and Access Points (Cisco, Extreme Networks, SonicWAVE), firewall (SonicWALL), VoIP (Cisco, Avaya), network routers (Cisco ), DHCP & DNS , SNMP, VPN, Wireguard, Packet analyzers , Wireless site survey, Wireless technologies (802.1x,PPSK), WAN technologies, remote troubleshooting, network protocols, network diagnostic tools, network monitoring tools and the OSI model.
- Industry regulated certifications
- Excellent client interfacing skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management
- Ability to manage high-volume workflow with minimal supervision
- Ability to coordinate tasks and deliverables with project team and vendors
- Ability to monitor and adhere to deadlines
- Consistent attention to detail
- Experience working with a diverse IT team
- Strong complex problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with network infrastructure in locations with very low bandwidth
- Experience working with a global team with a flexible approach to working hours
- ITIL Foundation certification
The salary range for this role is expected to be: $55,470 - $66,564
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University’s good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate’s conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: