Resource Mobilization and Process Manager
Diakonia is looking for a Resource Mobilization and Process Manager to Asia
We now seek a Resource Mobilization and Process Manager to Asia. We offer you an exciting job in an international environment where you, together with our talented employees and partner organizations, will change the world!
We know that it is possible to change the world. But we also know that it takes time and requires persistence and courage. Diakonia is a Swedish faith-based development organization that works to change unfair structures that generate poverty, inequality, oppression, and violence. We work with around 400 local partner organizations in about 25 countries in four continents. Diakonia’s identity is characterized by five values: Solidarity, Justice, Courage, Commitment and Accountability. They serve as both a reminder of who we are, and a description of the work we do.
Role & responsibilities
The Resource Mobilization and Process Manager plays an instrumental role in advancing the Institute’s mission by providing operating support. Oversees the strategic direction for Diakonia Asia program and will facilitate access, build relationship, and manage new donors and strategic allies. The person will develop, produce and lead planning and coordination of concept notes and proposals and ensure synergies and quality.
· Increase resource mobilization efforts for Diakonia's programs and projects in Asia.
· Produce donor engagement plans and strategies, donor analysis, develop innovative practices, and knowledge management for fundraising.
· Draft and present concept notes and proposals for donors, including components of innovation and added value.
· Explore and strengthen relationships with existing and new strategic allies and donors to build a knowledge base, analysis, and relationships of trust.
- Collaborate with Communication and Fundraising department at the head office and with the Regional Communication Officer on packaging and design of donor attractive communication material.
- To develop and coordinate methods for strategic planning and program development in Asia.
· Provide capacity building for regional and country offices related to strategy, program development and resource mobilization.
· Assist other regions based on needs and competence and ensure that internal learnings and best practices are shared in the organization.
We are looking for a person with exemplary leadership abilities who deploys strong communication effectively, both internally and externally. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of how to plan programs strategically and implement long-term goals with an innovative and flexible mind with the social skills to forge partnerships built on trust, interest and a strong commitment and support for the rights holders of Asia. The successful candidate willing to work independently while always grounded in Diakonia’s work and contributing to a positive work climate. For her/him it is natural to contribute to a more equal society through anti-racist and gender conscious behavior. This person is eager to go beyond the usual donor-recipient dynamics and think outside the box in new ways to communicate and create mutual engagement with new and existing donors.
- 5-10 years of professional relevant work experience, preferably in Asia.
- Extensive experience from Resource Mobilization from development aid sector, including proposal writing, program design and reporting.
- Ability to plan strategically and implement long-term goals while remaining adaptive and forward-thinking to evolving circumstances and priorities.
- Experience from working with the civil society.
- Experience from Diakonia’s thematic priorities, human rights, democracy, and gender justice.
- Excellent English language skills both writing and speaking.
- Strong networking and relation building skills.
This is a plus:
· Network and contacts with and knowledge of potential new donors for Diakonia in Asia.
· Experience in campaigning and advocacy.
We offer: An attractive and secure work environment and you will become part of a culture that is characterized by commitment, openness, and participation. We value work-life balance; the possibility to develop competence, and the right challenge to remain professionally motivated.
Place in the organisation: The Resource Mobilization and Process Manager reports directly to the Regional Director based in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Start date: Soon as possible.
Employment type: The contract is for a defined term until the end of December 2024, with possibilities of extension.
Travel requirement: The job requires frequent trips to the region's national offices and other countries.
This position is open to Thai nationals and Thailand based expatriates on national conditions.
How to apply
Please register and submit your CV and cover letter on impactpool. Deadline of application no later than June 2, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Diakonia is an equal opportunity employer.
However, we have found similar vacancies for you: